1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar blasts Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pokemon, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

[youtube]fV4sUVCgddA[/youtube]

2. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Let's wonder do English BE YOUR 2nd LANGUAGE

Anyway, go Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

"He wrong" is born.

Bookmark this thread, ladies and gentlemen.

4. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

lol your name

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

6. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Why does he gotta be asian i hear plenty of blacks n hispanics saying "he wrong"

7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Code Red

Code Red Member

Pretty unfair what Kareem said about Dwight on how Laker fans shouldn't be disappointed on Dwight leaving just because he's not the player they wanted him to be...based on a season when came in hurt and obviously couldn't play like he used to when he was with the Magic. Kareem talks about how Dwight isn't good enough to help a team win, but he was the one who lead an average not-so-good Orlando team to the finals. Kareem also mentioned on Dwight being bad at shooting free throws saying, "If you have a high basketball IQ you'll know you need to work on that skill if you're going to win games." As if Howard is just ignoring his free throws and not working on it.... He does work on it and is trying to get better. Shaq won championships with the Lakers and he wasn't very good at shooting free throws. I guessed based on what Kareem said, you don't need a high basketball IQ to win it all... Seriously I was surprised he even made a comment like that. He acted like he still can't over the fact Dwight left the Lakers just like the rest of the Laker fans. Sure...Dwight should work on his free throws, but to put him like down like that is just borderline trolling when someone like Shaq has won rings in LA.

Yeah I like the Houston bigs like Hakeem more...He doesn't talk mess like this.

9. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Kaweem he wong for saying that. We will proof to him Houston Rockets win NBA champions. 2014 Happy new year.

1 person likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So I'm not going to mock the OP, if the OP is bilingual props for that. Learning new languages is difficult.

But what Kareem said...I used to like the man but he just goes way too far here. He basically called Dwight stupid. He chose his words VERY carefully when praising Dwight.

"He's a GREAT athlete." he said twice, but not a great basketball player. I think Kareem makes a valid point in there that Dwight doesn't have a go-to move.

Blah blah blah. He's right, Dwight is not a offensive monster but defensively he's a beast. He still can score in the paint (better than any center in the NBA) and if he returns to his Orlando form he's a top 5 player.

11. nobie

nobie Member

this thread, I DIE IRL!

12. hltiki

hltiki Member

dat azz, big

13. rocketblood713

14. Swag

Swag Member

who is kareem abdul jabar n y should we care about wat he says

15. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

we dont need dwight howard to score

he just needs to be like Dikembe and anchor our defense, rebound and we will be all set

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

[​IMG]

17. rocketblood713

but we have to give him touches to score or else we get an unhappy Dwight and we all know how that goes

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I don't get riled up by the Quotes From The Other Side mentality.

my Rockets fandom is not motivated by what others say, but by how the Rockets respond to them.

19. gengar

gengar Member

Hakeem > Kareem + Magic

Kareem's opinions don't matter

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's got a book to sell or something, sell that book Kareem. BTW Kareem, why is it you can't even get interviews for coaching jobs? That's just weird an all-time great can't get the time of day.

1 person likes this.