1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I do because it shows that he was bigoted. He said he would provide a beat down. That's what he said. He didn't say "get involved". He advocated violence based only the "facts" that middle-eastern men were gathered near a restroom.
    I don't care what kind of a minority I am. I'll do what I think is right. Though, I didn't say that I wouldn't fight to save my life. I said I wouldn't fight to save property or if I didn't know. Taking someone else's life isn't a case where you act pre-emptively because you don't know what the other person is thinking.
    Again, in some cases apparently liltexxx is all for waiting for facts. In others he mentions that he himself will jump to violence despite the facts, let alone waiting for the facts. And in others liltexxx doesn't advocate waiting for facts at all.

The fact that you can't discern someone being a troll, doesn't affect me at all except to realize you are more gullible than I would have thought.

2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm not surprised you'd want to run from the comment, and want to avoid it as much as possible. It exposes you, but you can't hide from it. Sorry, Charlie.

3. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Are you completely out of your mind......

I absolutely can not wrap my mind around that. I couldn't imagine had there been a draft, and you were forced to serve for this great country somewhere in the middle east...

What if Martin had pulled a gun on Zimmerman...should Zimmerman have asked him if he only wanted to rob him, or if he was going to kill him? Or should you wait until someone shoots at you before you're good with using deadly force?

What about if a terrorist runs forward toward the cockpit of an airplane with a knife...do you ask, "Hey are you going to rob the pilot"...or do you act when the kills the pilot and starts driving the plane.

Think about what you're saying.

4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H9kpTvm6CYA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H9kpTvm6CYA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

5. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I wouldn't expect a liberal to understand much...

Assumptions get you killed though.

6. Hak34

Hak34 Member

LOL. You sir are an idiot. I tell you what. I don't believe for one second if this was your child you would think the same way. That's whats funny about you chicken hawks. So full of hypocrisy.

If you consider what we have seen of GZ as evidence of an ass beating, then you obviously have lived a sheltered life and have no clue. A few trickles of blood while instigating a fight is nothing. I can't wait for GZ to get his in the end. Then you r****do cons can move on to feigning anger over the next talking point that master Hannity or Limbaugh dictate for you.

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Whatever. Personally I think bigtexx was just "woofing" a bit. I didn't take him literally and maybe you shouldn't either. As I recall the context of those remarks were about profiling terrorists-- 100% of whom were those kind of middle-eastern men...

Fair distinction but bigtexx was woofing about delivering a beat-down not taking a life but I'm pretty sure he would ascertain that there was in fact danger ahead before taking any action. He is a Rice grad afterall.. :grin:

If the choice is to place faith in the story told by family members and neighbors (?) or take the tortuous path whereby a man beats himself into unconsciousness with brutal force, I too will go with not feeling the need to wait for more facts to form an opinion. He didn't go seek revenge. He didn't put a bounty out on those kids. He just expressed an opinion that does not contradict any evidence offered so far in the case. What's wrong with that?

As far as I can tell, a troll is someone who persistently disagrees with the troll-accuser's point-of-view. bigtexx's brashness is sometimes over-the-top for me but I'm not the target of it so it doesn't rile me.

Your side regularly and nastily assails his character, period. I'd say that what you guys do to him is far worse than anything he does to any discussion about someone in the news...

1 person likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm not saying anything like what you're talking about. I was talking about unarmed people, you are talking about armed ones.

Think about what you think I'm saying.

I will say that in the first case, and in giddy's case. I hope I wouldn't use violence in those cases. If someone pulls a gun on me, then so be it. And I like to think I'd be strong enough to not fight for my life. Though none of that is what I was saying before.

I'm not saying anyone else has to do that. But I will say it would be a better world if everyone did that. Nobody would need guns for self defense including criminals if that was the case. Gun violence would almost completely go away.

9. Granville

Granville Member

You know.....you have no such reason to call me such a vile name and use such a word that is dispicable to the the mentally challenged community. Any point that you tried to make was swallowed up by your callous idiocy.

You really should be ashamed of yourself. You probably aren't though but that's why you fail as a person.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Or the case above could have been self defense. You don't know without more facts.

A troll is someone who says stuff only to get a reaction.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What happened was some lady freaked out because she was on a plane with middle eastern Muslims.

It turned out the men were on their way to some convention or something, and were completely innocent of any crimes or terrorism at all.

liltexxx chimed in that he flies all the time, and that if he saw a group of middle eastern men near the restroom he'd immediately jump to violence.

There was no waiting for facts, just liltexxx initiating violence against a group of men in part because they were from the middle east.

Now he may have been "woofing" because he's generally full of crap, and a troll, but that isn't what he's said. That's you just making up excuses for him.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're arguing with the same guy who defends one person who called a woman a w**** and a slut on national radio while flipping out when someone makes an joke about his wife being a guard dog. He's the very definition of hypocrisy. I, for one, can't wait for the day he gets too old to remember this site, and we backslapping liberals, don't exist.

13. Granville

Granville Member

Then I guess you would call Jackson and Sharpton trolls.

14. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

It would be awesome to live in a world where we didn't have to lock our doors, and pay to have an alarm monitored. But I sleep with a pistol a foot from the side of my bed.

But we live in a world with animals who just don't care about other people's property and all to often, life.

When the seconds count, the cops are minutes away. I am responsible for my own safety and well being. Not the gov't. Not a cop. I'd like to think I'm prepared for a deadly force encounter.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Try not being such a fraidy cat.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You're very defensive on this topic, which demonstrates you don't fully believe what you're typing.

As I told you over 8 years ago, you cannot congregate near the front of the plane. That was what was most important. The fact that you continually try to bring this up 8 years later shows that you truly have such little evidence on me, that this is the best you can cling to.

The number of insults coming from you also demonstrates your weak position and you "trying to make up for it" through trying to hurl insults at me.

I see all this as it unfolds, and just sit back and increase my confidence -- your insecurity is clear for all to see.

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Nope, once again you're just making an ass of yourself.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

More insults from you. Very telling. My confidence and assurance that I'm correct just keeps growing.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of the Zimmerman's injuries or the witness testimony contradict what I have outlined. What I have outlined fits all of the evidence that we know of.

Also apparently you don't understand the term "ballistics analysis" since I never made any ballistic analysis.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

They were by the restroom which happens on pretty much every flight, and that's what you mentioned in your post. You going back and trying to back peddle from what you've said isn't surprising. I'm not defensive about it at all. Sorry if you took it that way.

I'm not insulting you, just pointing out what I see.