1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Exit Interviews...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/6659/houston-rockets-2013-14-exit-interviews/

Video of Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons, James Harden, Dwight Howard, Patrick Beverley and Donatas Motiejunas. Troy Daniels, Isaiah Canaan on the way.

Was interesting though because players talked a lot about agendas and being on the same page. Howard at the end said he didn't want to get into that.

Don't know if we're talking about small stuff like D-Mo, Asik not playing, or something bigger (Harden?).

2 people like this.
  2. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Thats very intersting. Let the drama begin!!

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I still feel terrible about the season ending how it did.

But we needed to lose before we were going to have real success. I won't be shocked if we advance to the finals next year.

1 person likes this.
  5. dookiester

dookiester Member

I guess the offseason has officially started. Looking forward to watching these...hope these guys aren't taking the L too hard, especially Chandler. I could see him giving himself a hard time since Lillard's shot was on him, but hopefully the coaching staff and his teammates have helped him move on.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hope you don't mind me posting this here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin said it really hit him that the season was over when his alarm went off yesterday for Game 7. He said he forgot to delete that.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/463356179922440192">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Parsons said the team needs to remember this feeling and put in the work this summer to avoid it next year.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/463356413167669248">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lin said wants to model more of his approach after Manu Ginobili. Said he'll ignore trade rumors, having gotten used to them.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/463360241648672768">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden 3rd Rockets player to bring up need to have everyone on same page, no agendas. Made it sound tactical, rather that attitudnal.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/463369558720405504">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harden talked about focus needing to get better, citing his defense as an example.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/463369782155161600">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Troy Daniels: &quot;I'm an NBA player now. I'm not a D-league player.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/463377715203014657">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard said knew all year Rockets needed to be better. Cited defense, focus through games.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/463378009240530944">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

7. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Don't doubt Codman lol

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'm guessing it's Harden. A couple guys wanting more minutes than they got (especially a 2nd year guy like DMo) is hardly anything worth mentioning. Happens on every team, every year.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Feigan tweet:

What does he mean by that bolded part?

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL I love hearing Harden talk about wanting to be better on defense. It's nice to see him at least acknowledging it, but I've given up hope on him actually doing it. He's said it time and time again, to no avail. I still love the Beard, though. Still crazy he's only 24.

11. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Would like to know more about this "agenda" they are speaking of. Its going to be some good stuff

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin wants to ice the side pick and rolls, Parsons strongly disagrees.

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if this is about the "style of play" that the team tried to use in the playoffs with a lot more focus on DH post ups versus the more free-flowing attack they ran in the regular season. I have no doubts that D12 wanted more touches in the post (and he was largely effective), but they need to find a way to balance that style with the style that fits Harden/Parsons/Lin so that teams can't fixate on any one player/style of attack. The dump it into Howard offense was effective at times, but it totally took the team out of its normal rhythm and flow during the series as well. You could see that Harden wasn't "all in" with the style of play and it impacted his effectiveness and maybe confidence.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

To me, it sounds like the team as a whole likes each other and all have winning in their sights (as opposed to scoring that big contract and the like). The team seems divergent on the strategy, i.e. iso ball for Harden or Howard, defense, and the like. The attitude is right, the execution and tactics are flawed.

15. clutz

clutz Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Casspi was asked if he expected to be back.&quot;Yes, I do. They told me some things to work on.&quot; Said being used at PF was more than he expected</p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/statuses/463369751935217664">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't he say the same thing at the beginning of the season?

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

excuse my ignorance but can someone explain me what does 'talk about agendas' mean? And why Dwight wouldn't get into that?

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

5 stars, getting popcorn...

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In my opinion the "agenda" could very well be about Parsons considering he's due for a big pay day in the future.

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

This hurts.