1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official McHale Coach of the Year Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Mar 7, 2013.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Currently 7th seed with the youngest team in the league and looking to move up.

On track to be the least experienced team to ever make the playoffs.

System that produces the #3 ranked offense in the entire league.

Team plays unselfishly, great ball movement, great chemistry.

Team never quits, battles every single game. Have lost by 20+ only 3 times the entire year: OKC, @OKC, @SAS.

Has done a great job at developing and utilizing young players like Harden, Parsons, Asik, Lin, Beverly. Will continue to do a great job at making young players with great potential like Lin, Dmo, Robinson improve and become more consistent.

These are all traits of a well-coached team, which is exactly what we have. We are lucky to have him, and personally I look forward to rooting him on as a legitimate Coach of the Year candidate.

Oh, darn guys, I was referring to the entire season. Not one 5 minute span of one 4th quarter of one game that only in hindsight he may or may not have made the right move just like any other coaching decision by any other coach.

8 people like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

I doubt it. I don't credit McHale, but the whole coaching staff. The assistant coaches do most of the heavy lifting. With that said, we are ahead of schedule in our this young team's development.

3. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed.:grin:

4. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

U r kidding?Right?:grin:

5. wapz

wapz Member

lol. the beard has been doing the heavy lifting. mchale is still mcfail.

6. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

"Has done a great job at developing and utilizing young players like Harden, Parsons, Asik, Lin, Beverly. Will continue to do a great job at making young players with great potential like Lin, Dmo, Robinson improve and become more consistent.

These are all traits of a well-coached team."

This has to be a joke thread.

7. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Cxbby, the only poster on CF.net whose posts deteriorate elative to the time he spends writing them.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yes this is a no brainer to all but LOFs

1 person likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

They don't call him McAwesome, McSuccess, and McBrilliant for nothing.

3 people like this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I never expected we would be over .500 at this point in the season. This is the most fun I've had as a Rockets fan in a while. I don't know what McHale does as coach, but I am not complaining about the results!

11. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Coach of year will be an insult to McHale.

Coach of the century is more proper. Go HcHale, go CXbby!

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

LMAO! No! They're in the 7th seed because we actually have talent and Harden. Maybe if we go to the 5th seed or 4 he'll be coach of the year.

13. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

I dont know who gonna be the coach of the year, but I think this one deserves to be the post of the year.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Harden was a 16PPG career bench player without McHale. What a terrific job coach has done at developing him and allowing Harden to play to his strengths.

15. rocketblood713

this is the thread that should be up more then the fire mchale thread youngest team to be in the playoffs and are in the 7th seed and yall wanna fire him lol talk about dumb

16. Nook

Nook Member

Look, McHale is not John Wooden or Red Auerbach .... but the guy has taken a team with virtually all new starters, three of which were bench players last year, and has the Rockets in the playoff chase. This team has no business winning 45 games at it's age.

If I had to pick the 5 best coaches in the NBA McHale wouldn't be on my list, but his players play very hard, never give up and listen to him. There have been no issues among the players and no one has really spoken out against McHale... That sounds like a guy doing well enough to deserve some credit.

17. dxdx

dxdx Member

Harden was a 16 ppg bench player because OKC failed to see his potential. Frankly, you can't blame them considering they were already stacked with Westbrook and Durant.

Thread title should credit Morey (and the scouting team) for identifying and bringing in players who were grossly undervalued, not Mcfail for benefiting from FO's efforts.

18. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Talent and Harden? Harden isn't talented? Whomever wins Coach of the Year will have no talent at his disposal?

19. rocketfaithful

Coach Kevin Mchale is a very good motivator and in practice teacher. he lacks however, the in game adjustments that make coaches the coach of the year. for example, monday against the mavs TRob had a sick block followed by a Harden three and the Mavs called timeout and adjusted while Mchale didn't so they took over the final three minuts!

20. conquistador#11

Morey is too humble, but the way he assembles his roster with players that play together in a team environment and high basketball i.q...that's why we've been in a playoff hunt. Players that can manage to be tops in assists in a system "where we don't know what we're doing." That's all Morey.

Tim floyd could be out there and we would have the same record. But keep fighting the good fight.