1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "threw a fit" over losing Dragic, will leave after season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

From New York Daily News
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-page-summer-lockout-article-1.1124330?pgno=1

Personally, I don't believe anything coming out of NYDN, and they are the only source reporting this that I have found.

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Well...you said it right there. Although I would love to see McHale throwing a "fit"

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I hope it's true. Mchale is the weakest link on the team.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope.... but McHale not in the long term plans
    He is flat out the better commentator .... not bad as a coach overall though as I thought but definitely not Top 10

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

New York Daily News.

Do you really need an explanation at this point?

Every NY media outlet is falling all over itself to s**t on the Rockets.

Take a hefty dose of salt when you read those toilet mags.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Doesn't that tell you something?

It means more than likely this is a huge crock of crap made up out of someone's imagination.

7. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

what is throwing a fit mean?

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Well, that might not be the worst thing in the world.

I do buy the story. If you read between the lines, there's certainly something there, which is why I thought people were wrong for giving CH grief for his "Y NO McHale show up at press conference" thread.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Meh I'd be pissed if I were McHale.

Team is obviously tanking. They will probably suck for the next two seasons, get high draft picks and then fire him. Just a difficult situation for a head coach.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Chris Finch come on down.

McHale should know his place.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Of course McHale is frustrated. He's a coach. His job is to win games. His job is to make the playoffs. He's not going to do either with the current roster. Do we need to take one step backwards to take two steps forwards? Probably. That's Morey's job. We haven't tried that strategy since before the Dream years, so I'm all for it. But reporting that McHale is frustrated over trying to win with a lotto team, is like reporting that Machado would not be content with being a backup PG his entire career. Nothing to see hear folks. The NY Daily News is one step above the NY Post, which is one step above the National Enquirer, which is one step above the British tabloids. Never forget that we are permenantly on NYC's ****-list for stealing Jermey Lin. They are angry, bitter, and jealous. If the Knicks organization had a soul or any semblence of something to be genuinely excited about, it was Linsanity last year. We pooped on their dreams. NY media venom should be taken in a shot glass and tossed back with a smile.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i dont care what you guys say about the NY papers. i love their headline puns!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I like it, he can go.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Did he really expect any different when taking this job? I mean, they fired Rick Adelman, an all-time great winning coach, because he wouldn't play the young players and wanted more control. I'm sure McHale understood that it would be a work in progress until a star is acquired.

Personally, I don't think they'll fire him without giving him a legitimate roster first, unless we just become downright terrible and the talent is not developed. 30 wins should keep his job IMO.

15. smr6

smr6 Member

LMAO NY media seems to have a sudden tendency to publish negative stories about the Rockets that apparently they hear about before any media in Houston does.

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Bring back JVG!

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well, we all knew that he was just grooming Finch, anyway. The only news here is that McHale was upset(like all of us were) about losing both starting caliber PG's.

18. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

inb4 carl herrera's 'i told you so'

19. HorneR

HorneR Member

Not like the story has any legs... but on the off chance it does: good, get McHale out of here. He won't be missed.

20. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

but there's no other new threads to talk about.......