1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Weekly Power Rankings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yostros99, Nov 5, 2012.

1. yostros99

yostros99 Member

1 person likes this.
  2. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

No offense, but these are ridiculous... Power rankings are based on how the team is currently doing not how you think they'll do. How is LA 3, Houston 19 and the 3-0 Magic near the bottom?

3. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

No offense, but yes.. these are ridiculous

4. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think you understand what power rankings are.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

You guys should be more polite, and more constructive. Don't make him feel bad, just give him some constructive criticism.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

seriously people's already accepted level of rudeness goes up on a message board.

taking all there frustrations out, because most of them are too scared to talk like that to someone face to face.

8. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Although I agree with you. I'm sure ANY sports fan who read that list in person with the OP would have no problems being honest with those rankings.

1 person likes this.
  9. yostros99

yostros99 Member

To answer most of you guys, the way I view Power Rankings are a combination of how they have done this year, combined with expected playing of the team. The Magic are towards the bottom of the list because they are NOT A GOOD team. They are 3-0 and playing well, but they will not end up being a 50 win team deserving a higher spot. The Rockets are not so far up, because I still think this team is a few pieces away from being a contender and a playoff team, as the season goes on they can prove me wrong and move higher, but I (as well as many other NON-RIDCULOUSLY-Optimistic Rockets/NBA Fans) believe they aren't a playoff team just yet. The Lakers will be at the top most of the season, so they don't drop to bottom 5 team because of their current record.

Just looking at ESPN rankings: http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings , we don't see the Magic in top 5, because they don't deserve it. Sure the Thunder are 1-2, but they aren't a middle of the pack team, they are still top of the pack. They used their current play a lot more than I did, but to say my power rankings are absolutely ridiculous is beyond absurd.

Anyway, I don't mind answering any other questions regarding why I put a team in X-spot, etc.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to the posters who backed me up a bit!

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Keep it up! Don't feel bad. Clutchfans hates every level of writers, no matter if it's Bleacher Report or ESPN.

11. yostros99

yostros99 Member

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

5. Boston Celtics (1-2) – Veteran team, will start playing better.

smh, turrible, just turrible

you have them 5th based off what you believe they will do? lol wow

Do you you understand what "Power Rankings" mean?

13. yostros99

yostros99 Member

so that was week 2 when they started 1-2. I now have them at 9. They are better then they have been playing. They will pick it up, and if I see a reason that they won't pick it up, I will keep sliding them more down. We are early in the season, and to hard to tell on many teams, what will be with them come January time. Things will even out as the weeks go by.

14. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Could you be a bit more descriptive with your rankings? Stuff like "As expected, the Thunder get back on the winning track" seems vague.

Why not throw a stat or two to back things up, or maybe add how the chemistry with Martin seems to be getting better.

Just my 2 cents, I'm not looking to ridicule you or anything like that.

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The Lakers at number 3 completely makes this list laughable. Rockets at 19 is fair.

16. yostros99

yostros99 Member

Yes, I plan to do a lot more of that in the future. Thanks for the feedback.

17. yostros99

yostros99 Member

18. arjun

arjun Member

the clippers are ahead of the nets..how?

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

These aren't power rankings, they are your opinion on who you think are the best teams based on Roster. You might as well copy/paste it for every week