1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Darko Milicic suffers broken right hand while taking a jump shot. Now that's Fragile!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WinknCatForever, Jun 18, 2004.

1. WinknCatForever

Hate to see what would happen to him if somebody high-fived him...his arm would probably snap backwards.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/0406/17/b02-186843.htm

Milicic suffers broken right hand

By Joanne C. Gerstner / The Detroit News

Daniel Mears / The Detroit News

Darko Milicic holds his injured hand close to his body Tuesday while celebrating the Pistons' win.

AUBURN HILLS - The small item of a broken hand seems to have gotten lost in the confetti, cheering, trophy presentations, and all the other hoopla from the Pistons winning the NBA title.

Yep, there was one small casualty that came out of Tuesday’s celebration: Darko Milicic, who played the last two minutes of the game, suffered a broken bone in his right hand.

Milicic appeared to injure his hand while taking a jump shot, as a Lakers defender hit him.

He held the hand and begged to come out of the game, but Coach Larry Brown told Milicic to keep going.

Neither knew the hand was broken at that point.

The Pistons said Wednesday there was no update on Milicic’s injury or treatment.

Milicic is scheduled to return to his native Serbia in the next few weeks in hopes of making his country’s Olympic team.

2. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Darn, that is one FRAGILE dude. No wonder he couldn't get any playing time in Detroit. Everytime he steps up the court, he looks horric. Missed a jumper in the lane, and missed two free throws in a row.

3. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

God, how the heck is Darko supposed to become a great player when he's a tough as glass! That is ridiculous.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I rewatched the game last night (loved watching LA get stomped!) and saw the foul where Darko got hurt. He REALLY got his had whacked! Serious tomahawk chop on that hand. Not surprised it was broken.

5. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

wow, no wonder the guy seems in agony during those short 2 minutes of play !:eek:

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was giving him crap for his craptacular play in the last 2 minutes, but I take it back now that I know he had a broken bone. Its no wonder he missed both free throws if he was shooting with a broken hand. Of course, it doesn't quite excuse him for having the ball stolen from him.

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Yeah, you'd think being the #2 pick he'd be impervious to bone fractures.

BUST :rolleyes:

8. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I just got that pic of Sam Bowie in my head.

9. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

Comparing Darko to Sam Bowie is a disrespect to Bowie. Darko probably will never average more than 5 ppg.

10. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Make sure you wouldn't eat crow in the future. :D
    Darko is only 18.

11. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I was thinking of his broken leg.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Hee hee, I too was giving him crap for his play, oops.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dude, the guy looks gay. He broke his hand while taking a jump shot!?!? That's weak.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Shaq broke his wrist going up for a dunk. Is he weak?

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dude, when was that? Was that recent or when Shaq was younger? Please enlighten me as you always do. :rolleyes:

16. DreamMachine34

If I recall, it was either against Philly or New Jersey and the defender was swinging down like he was chopping wood on that play. I just remember Shaq just looking at his hand like he was saying to himself, "I'll need some icy hot after this match."

17. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

Darko IMO will become a great player, he's only 18. and when he does a lot of people are going to be eating their words.

/Or he will suck and I will eat my words. mmmm words......

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes, he was hacked going up for a dunk. From all accounts, Milicic was hit very hard on the hand as he shot the ball. If you call the latter weak, you must call Shaq's wrist injury as weak.

19. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I'm not defending the guy, but the dude is like 17 maybe 18, so it's kinda understandable if he's a little more fragile.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Does it matter if Shaq was younger or older? Darko is only 18, so Shaq's age is irrelevant. Did you, personally, watch the foul or are you just thinking that Darko shot the ball and broke his hand? If you actually watched the game, then you would realize that many people could have come away with a broken bone.