1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Highlights vs. Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What I like about Beverley is he's active... he seems to be a pretty good on-the-ball defender and is agressive on that end. Offensively, he did a good job setting up his teammates. He didn't miss a shot (3-3, and was 1-1 in the last game) ... that's not really his strength so I'm not sure his shooting will remain very efficient, but he likes to attack the basket and dish (which is evident) and he also made some solid passes that set up teammates that missed shots (also in the video).

After the game, when asked why he went with Beverley in the rotation, McHale said, "I thought we needed a little spark." When asked if it was a one game thing or not, he said, "We'll see."

Patrick Beverley gets rotation minutes in the Houston Rockets game against the Dallas Mavericks on 1/16/2013.

[youtube]T25cTHMf2Uc[/youtube]

2. Arthurprescott2

I like this kid a lot. Showed moxie last night and same with tonight.

3. loveofthegame44

Did Douglas not play? Btw loved new kids energy.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He is shooting 100%.

5. gah

gah Member

And he didn't travel.

6. pnr

pnr Member

Finally!! Another PG that can run plays and seems to be able to shoot! We need him for this next stretch of very tough games.

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

douglas played in the 1st...but PBev got the backup point minutes in the 2nd half. He looked good, capable backup potentially. Though when he played with Harden he was kinda invisible, but what pg isnt......

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Bever Fever, catch it!

#8 Carl Herrera, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Bev has a lot of energy out there. He reminds me of a slightly better Tony Douglas. I need to see a lot more from Bev. The sample is way to small & he wasn't even scouted tonight. The fact that McHale doesn't even know if he will be in the rotation makes me laugh at all the knee jerk posts in the game thread.

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Beverley goes out there and plays HARD. I think his offense may be around Tony D's level but he's a much better handler and passer than Tony.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Yeah, he also reminds me of a rich man's Toney Douglas. If he keeps playing well, he may end up taking some of Lin's minutes if Lin struggles.

12. Star

Star Member

Lol in the video, I could not tell if that is Beverley or Douglas. They are too similar in build and playstyle ;)

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yes, that much is already very evident. He may not be the spot up shooter that Douglas is, but he can create those looks for others and make positive plays off penetration. I'll take it.

14. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Bye Tony, its been emotional.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Let us see if he even makes the rotation first. Remember Scott "The Answer" Machado. Way to much knee jerk.

And I don't like the idea of guys like Cole Carlos ( I love Delfino FYI) Tony Bev or whoever taking Parsons Harden Lin Asik minutes. Patt ( who I am not very fond of) & Morris (who I am more patient with) should be getting a lot of consistent playing time. We need to see what we have in every body first & if they are worth being kept on the roster.

Everybody wants new blood all the time, so many people suffer from grass is greener syndrome it is crazy. Dmo Terrence all those guys will get there turn eventually. This is Patt & Morris chance to put up or shut up give them at least that.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

long looong arms

17. MonKing

MonKing Member

Great that he got his first Rockets highlight video.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not only do these guys have similar physical builds, each of them also has an extra "e" before "y" in his name.

Creepy indeed.

1 person likes this.
  19. Arthurprescott2

6'6" wingspan on a 6'1" body. Just a tad longer than Douglas.

20. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like his change of pace and his hustle. He looks comfortable getting into the offense and looks to pass. Looks like he can get guys on the same page. I think we have Lin's backup.