1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Is Russell Westbrook already the best PG in the League?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Zackery, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Zackery

Zackery Member

If you look at his stats, he is right there with Chris Paul and Rondo. In my opinion I still think C. Paul is the best at his position. But Westbrook is right behind him and then it's Rondo. Granted I watch all of the Thunder games and only see highlights of Clippers and Celtics. But when I watch Westbrook at his best, I don't think any other PG can do all the things that he can.

Westbrook has strugged slightly with his midrange jump shot so far this season. But he has improved in all other aspects of his game. I think his midrange J will catch up and reach last years level.

Mark my words: by the end of this season, he will be regarded as the best PG in the league.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

3. plates300

plates300 Member

No. Stats don't lie but they don't tell the truth either. Unlike Westbrook, Paul and Rondo control the game much better. I believe this is an underrated part of a point guard's game - controlling the tempo of the game and decision making.

1 person likes this.
  4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Westbrook would be the best PG in the league if he actually played more like a PG.

He is always looking for his shot first and leaving PG duties second. There are way too many occasions, especially down the stretch, where he looks to score instead of making plays for his teammates.

5. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Which he should never be doing when he has the scoring champ on his team

6. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YVitzGz9g2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G0_CeUzud_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Bjyrkl_uAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PXtXXWpI1BU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  7. AFS

AFS Member

He still makes boneheaded mistakes and shoots OKC out of games occasionally. He can't be the best PG in the league until he can show consistency in his decision-making.

8. Zackery

Zackery Member

I know CP3 is still the best PG. But in their only head to head matchup so far this season, Westbrook clearly out-played him. I'm just saying the gap between him and CP3 is really small right now.

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Not getting into this thread or the one about WB being terrible. But I hate when that guy's video's are posted.

Coach Nick of the above videos.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kB0LynEs0y8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Rajon Rondo, aka Mr. Triple Double, aka assist leader of the NBA, is the best.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Jeremy Lin duh???

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He's arguably the best SG in the league... not sure about PG ;)

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Westbrook and Rondo can both hurt you at times. Paul can do it all and he always takes things to another level in the playoffs. I'd go with Paul.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Nooooooooooo

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's one of the best players in the league, I don't know if he's the best PG in the game though. He's a great player that plays PG, guys like CP3/Rondo are just great PG's.

16. nono

nono Member

Monster both defensively and offensively. Offensively he can score 30 points on any given nights. Defensively he is sometimes the only player on the court who can stop Durant.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Rondo's assists and steals get mentioned, but Chris Paul has led the league in steals AND assists more than Rondo. And he can hit the outside jumper and his free throws. Chris Paul plays a sloooow style, opposite of Steve Nash or the aerial assaults of Derrick Rose and Westbrook, but can overlook how good he is sometimes.

Westbrook isnt one to count on when it comes down to single possessions, but he has the best game take-over ability when he gets going. His overall output over all possessions is more than an average "steady hand" PG.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wait what's wrong with coach Nick

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If his jumper was consistent, he would be. People still don't get that OKC needs him to score in order to win. But his jumper has been way off to start the season.

20. CertifiedTroll