1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Video] James Harden's 17-point 4th quarter to beat Timberwolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2012.

1. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

LOL @Lin trying to get the rebound and crashing into Parsons and falling onto the floor at the end.

2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Live up to the dream? I seriously had to login here and to you STFU already... Please quit posting...

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

The guy is high on Harden beard fumes lol.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

just incredible

I was starting to doubt him few weeks ago, but he shut me off...AllStar!

5. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Harden put the team on his back and carried them tonight. Incredible. That being said you guys are knee-jerking hard right now.

T-Mac has had some otherworldly seasons and Jordan is Jordan. That being said, I'm a bigger fan of Harden's game - instead of dominating the ball and jacking up a lot of contested shots, he's trusting a lot in his teammates. He's deferred play-making responsibilities to Lin, he tries to find Greg Smith for the slam, he'll look to get others involved, and he picks and chooses when he wants to assert himself.

Harden's offensive game reminds me of prime Manu Ginobili on steroids, besides the suicidal hustle.

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Houston, we have a superstar and a closer.

7. Asian Sensation

I've got the weirdest harden right now.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I love Bill man..

"Ohh, Rubio with A FLOP... he had to pay for that FLOP, cost him 3 points!"

9. jocar

jocar Member

Great to see coach smiling and hugging everyone at the end, like a dad happy when his kid wins in little league

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Proud of the Rockets, that was a steal. We caught a team that also struggled with their shots. Harden came through when it count. Rockets just need to play their style and they can beat any team any time any day. I don't see many teams that can defense this style of basketball.

11. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Absolutely hilarious how Barea tried to show up Lin at the end, only to dribble it right into Delfino and turning it over.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Houston, we finally have a superstar

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Wow. The Beard rocks.

14. noppeper

noppeper Member

I'm not going to answer all of the replies, so I'll just pick yours, because I find your username amusing.

Yes, Harden looks like the real deal, something the Rockets have not had since the Dream days. Not saying he IS the real deal, but he certainly does seem to have the qualities. Of course, that's a subjective evaluation based on empirical stats along with demeanor, attitude, level of focus, time of game, decision making, etc. You, as well as others, obviously disagree.

Now, to be clear, I don't think Harden is at the same level of talent as Olajuwon. I compare his talent more to someone like Wade, who just so happens to have that "it" that I mention. You could see Wade was a championship level star in his rookie season and you could *somewhat* see Harden having that same quality in OKC, but now it seems circumstances didn't allow him free rein. If that is not the case, then too bad for the Rockets and too bad for my talent evaluation skills.

And yes, it's exciting as a Rockets fan, even if that is tempered by the reality of this being such a young team. I've seen a lot of players come and go for the Rockets, and I just can't remember the last one that looked this dominant at such a young and inexperienced age. T-Mac was close, but was mentally weak, Francis never had the discipline and Yao had plenty of holes in his game that were commonly exposed in critical situations.

Call me blind, or high, or a fr34k, but that's the way that I see it.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

exactly. Unbelievably fun to watch.

Thanks for the video!

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[edit] can an admin spoiler or resize the above image.[/edit]

Just watched a second time. Notice play one is a Popovich classic.

Asik does a pin down on Rubio as Harden goes to three point land.

Duncan does that for Ginobody all the time.

18. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Bonafide superstar. It's early yet for him as a starter, but I have no doubt of his abilities. What a baller.

19. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Ill take biased commentary any day over no credit giving commentary (Espn)

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

James Harden watched The Grey last night and was inspired by Liam Neeson's character.