1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dilemma: Kyle Lowry vs. Goran Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Apr 7, 2012.

?

If you had to pick one.. Who would you rather have as our long term point guard?

1. Kyle Lowry

58 vote(s)
    24.9%
  2. Goran Dragic

175 vote(s)
    75.1%
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Honestly though, what is the point of that?

Kyle deserves more than 10-15 spot minutes per game. He is a better player than that and somebody can offer him that (which would be best for his career).

That could also potentially ruin Kyle's value (as an asset).

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I'd sign Dragic at any reasonable cost and deal with the roster details after.

Lowry is a great starter with a value contract and I'd be fine with him starting for the next 7 years but Goran I think is hitting another level.

Sign him and start them both or get something of value for Kyle which shouldn't be hard at all.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Pick up the phone and ask Sacramento or the Blazers if they would move thier picks for Lowry.

4. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

The answer to this question depends on how much money Goran wants. Granted Goran is doing his thing right now and I feel he has shown enough to want to be started in the league, but to say he is more clutch than Kyle is a bit premature. Kyle has put the team on his back many a night when he and Goran were on the floor together. My question to the board is this. In the games that Goran has lead us to victory in, can you Kyle wouldn't have found a way to do the same? I think Kyle runs the team better, but Goran is a better scorer than Kyle. Not sure Goran is leader because, it seems that since Klow has been out the leader/decision making role is going thru Scola and he is doing a great job at keeping us together. So the answer to who i keep really depends on if Goran want to be here and who the Rockets are going to bring in.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Either one.

I don't think it makes much sense to keep both at high salaries.

If we could trade Lowry for a great package or sign and trade Dragic (if that's still possible) then I think that's the route to go.

Both are very good but neither is a superstar (yet). And the goal is still to get a superstar.

6. HorneR

HorneR Member

I'd like to drop Lowry to a team with space to take on the money for a top 5 pick. Best case scenario, imo.

7. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]
    u go girl!

8. alethios

alethios Member

Goransanity??

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. DUHK

DUHK Member

I really agree! I used to question why Morey has tried to keep this team competitive while still trying to get a good player, but looking at the bobcats and those teams that suck all the time and have an identity of sucking makes me sick. I would NEVER want to the Rockets to be that bad. This team is fun to watch and I think Morey has done a good job of getting good players.

I think our future is bright. D.Mo looks promising and Llull is MVP in the euroleague. I think we should just be patient and things will work out.

Let's enjoy the ride guys.

11. mazinger

mazinger Member

1) No
    2)Yes
    3)Yes
    4)Yes
    4)No
    5)No

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't understand why you have to be pro Dragic or pro Lowry.
    Both are very good PGs yet have the upside to become great or semi great. Both are Rockets. Cheer for both. And let Morey deal with the situation in the offseason.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

please explain... Goran in the past 17 games has been clutch in almost every close game. Plus him being taller and a better ball handler makes it easier for him to create his own shot in clutch situations where the defense is playing him hard. Plus as a starter Goran is averaging more assists and less turnovers than Lowry as a starter plus the team has a higher offensive efficiency rating as Goran being the starter.

Goran for the season is shooting for 47% while Lowry is 42%. And for 17 games now Dragic is shooting from the 3 point line at 44%. At some point it isn't considered a streak no more.

14. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

That's what I'm sayin'

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am confident that Llull can get close to Goran's level as well... maybe not with the assists but in terms of scoring.

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I love Kyle but I just don't see how we can let a player with as much upside as Goran just walk for free. If you can get a team like the Kings or the Blazers to give you a top 5 pick for Lowry I think you have to take it and resign Dragic. Morey has been going with the cheap players for so long but now it is time to take a bit of a risk and pay someone.

17. JCole

JCole Member

ummm not rly... Lull actually isn't that good... Am pritty sure he will stay in Europe...

18. gregsa

gregsa Member

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

because calderon is still ballin' and tj ford is no longer in the league.

20. conquistador#11

what would king Solomon do ? Not the sh*** writer but the real one who hooked up with egyptian hotties.

I love both of them. I would make dragic an offer he can't refuse and promise him 31 minutes a night. in mauryball fashion, I would not mention to him that those minutes will be coming off the bench, 10 minute stretches where both will play together.
    I'm glad I'm not maury.