1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Fords mock draft 2.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Mar 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Can someone with insider post this please?

Thanks!

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Mock Draft 2.0

1 person likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would like if we risk a pick on Wroten, he seems like a potential star at PG with his size and skill package. Can do this if we have at least two picks.

1 person likes this.
  5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Please not John Henson! Anybody but him!

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

wow, i know others will disagree with me, but if we ended up with those 3, i would be pretty happy. Still would take Terrance Jones over all of them except Lamb, but that would be a nice haul for the Rockets. Problem is we don't need 3 more rookies, so that senario is not likely to play out. Then again, i've always been for getting rid of Martin and Scola, and truly starting the rebuilding process, in which case, those are 3 talented young prospects (Lamb and Miller def. have star potential).

7. denver-rox-fan

Why not? Guy blocks 3 shots a game. THAT is a skill that translates to the NBA.

8. TheGoldenGreek

If we end up on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs go and get three first rounders, I gotta believe we'd be looking to trade.

9. TheGoldenGreek

I'd be ecstatic with Jeremy Lamb btw.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd take Terrence Jones over Henson, just based on pure ability/skills.

I agree with Yung-T on the Wroten sentiment, but I'd love for us to move back a little maybe get a second or first rounder for next year's draft and taking a chance on a big like Young (Florida) or Moultrie (Mississippi State).

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whoa!! They have Royce White at 240lbs.??!! If this is so, then he is ready! Definitely over Henson! Man i hope we end up with more picks!

12. Aruba77

I think Young could be a solid 10-10 PF while playing elite defense. Too bad he's 6'9" because he would be a dominant defensive center if he was a couple inches taller.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What no love for a 210 lb 4?

Anthony Davis is only 10 lb heavier, FTW.

14. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

anyone know what this is about?

Bradley (Regina SK CAN)

They mystery team you're referring to with Craft is the Rockets, right?
    Chad Ford
    (1:49 PM)

Can't tell you that.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    One of the previous questions was about Aaron Craft, Ford said that most teams would pick him late 1st or 2nd, while he knows that one team would select him in the mid 1st round.

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

hay to be us hes white...we will pull some undervalued white guy...we do it every year lol

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I don’t watch much college hoops, but would you package our picks to get someone you really like in top 8, or would it really not make much difference? I personally hope we can trade all those picks for a potential star or ideally an established star. Getting three Morris/Patterson level talents doesn’t do much for this team.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    I honestly feel like outside of the top5 there's nothing worth packing up multiple deals for. Only guys I'd pack up for are Davis, Gilchrist, Robinson, Beal, Drummond, Zeller, Jones.

1 person likes this.
  19. Aruba77

I'd agree, but to me, after Drummund at #5, all of the players are pretty equal through #16 or so. And how much of a difference is there between a guy like Kidd-Gilchrest and a guy like Terrence Jones? Or a guy like Beal and a guy like Lamb? I really don't think it's that wide a gap (and i have Beal as the 2nd best player in the draft btw)

1 person likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Seeing all the promising guys in 13-30 range I'd use all picks though, rather have three with two turning out solid than one guy being hit or miss.