1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] MVP Sergio Llull and his future with the Houston Rockets (w/ video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Why not trade him for a lotto pick then?

New Jersey will be needing a PG if Deron Williams bolts. Nash is a UFA, and likely won't be back with the Suns, so they'll need someone. Utah might end up with Golden State's pick, and they need a PG.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I stand corrected. He looks good out there. The announcers are annoying though.

3. Prince

Prince Member

yuy yuy yuy yuy yuy yuy yuy yuy

4. Red&BlackPudman

Basically identical. I love how he can shoot.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Who do yall compare him 2 in the NBA will he have a Rubio effect or is he jus another Carlos arroyo or Sergio Rodriguez

6. Spanish_Rox_Fan

Much worse playmaking/passing skills than Rubio (or even Dragic), but better shooter, defender + more athleticism.

Cons: Sometimes he accelerates himself and the game, too much. And too much confidence when he's on fire (this one can be con.. or pro). Anyway, I don't think he's gonna preserve this "self-confidence" in the NBA.

PS: Yes, those announcers are annoying. Even for me

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Steve Nash called..He wants his game back. And his conditioner.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I swear he's chuggin' a Red Bull 40. Dana Holgorsen approves.

9. cod

cod Member

Clutch made a highlights video. This is the full game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LK0Y7zqvOTU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Great, just what we need- another good rotation player but not superstar at a position we already have 2 good players and let Jeremy Lin go at....

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Madrid's Mamba

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you can predict Jeremy Lin will be a superstar and playing like one for years?
    Even Deron couldn't sustain superstar level for a half a decade.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sorry if this was posted; what's his buyout situation?

For example:

If it's $1.2 million dollars, can't the Rox pay 300k of that, but offer him a deal making it easier to pay his team there (provided we have cap space).

This would involve a Lowry trade, of course, and faith that Llull can adapt quickly.

I'm not advocating anything but getting this guy over here fast.

14. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I really dont wanna wait till 2013-2014 to see this guy in a rockets uni. Please morey get him over here next season

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was pleased to see the highlights. He is improving,and could potentially make it to the NBA in the future. Keep it up Sergio!

16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

was thinking the same thing.

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

There is no guarantee that Dragic makes it through the trading deadline or is even resigned this offseason. There is a decent chance that we only have one pg on the roster in a few months. He doesn't have to be a superstar but if he can be a Manu or Scola like contributor it's a steal.

18. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

He's actually saying "tri tri tri tri tri tri tri triple de Llull". Not that I wouldn't wanna hear Bullard using it :p
    I think the only thing they didn't translate was "MVP" (emvipi) - which still sounded kind of funny.

1 person likes this.
  19. OremLK

OremLK Member

I was reminded of Nash as well. Especially on his hesitation moves through the lane and long layups over bigger defenders. Reportedly he's a much better defender than Nash has ever been, but I doubt he has Nash's near-psychic court vision.

I really want the Rockets to work something out and bring this guy over next offseason, or trade him. I wonder if he can be convinced to come over in a Manu Ginobili type role--promise him sixth man status off the bench playing at both the 1 and the 2 for 25+ minutes per game. And the first guy to start if a guard gets injured.

20. Thisisbj88

Thisisbj88 Member

Houston Rockets, we do it for the llullz.