1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I'm most defiantly not AWOL... There are many things here ppl don't know, <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Honesty">#Honesty</a> is what I'm sticking with. @<a href="https://twitter.com/houstonrockets">houstonrockets</a> "Luke 12:3"</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268543493352329216" data-datetime="2012-11-14T02:38:52+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

We drafted a guy who is afraid to get on an airplane.

If he's afraid to get on an airplane how can we expect this guy to have the mental fortitude to become a prime piece on a championship roster?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Les: You'd hate to lose(waste) a draft pick but...

Rockets PR errr Daryl: We "fully support" Royce...

Royce: Rockets fault...

Grab a seat and some popcorn!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

For someone who is claiming to be honest, he sure is being cryptic.

5. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I dont like his statement. If anything he should have been more upfront about his condition prior to the draft. So teams would know what they were getting and have a plan to handle his condition beforehand. You cant just rock up to a club then make demands about conditions you didn't disclose.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Well, this sucks. I want to feel for him considering that I have suffered from GAD myself, but I really do think he is way out of line. There is no reason to use your mental disease as negotiating tactic. I needed my breathers here and there when I was in school, but never did I take it to a level where I would use it as an excuse to not do what needed to be done.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

But isn't this something that should have been talked about prior to signing a deal? Isn't someone from the org tell him that he's not guaranteed playing time? That he has to earn his minutes like anyone else? And if not, wtf? I so badly want the real story here.

8. Zfan

Zfan Member

Can the team just simply waive him? Just couple millions. Les got that money.

9. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Next time I have to miss work, I will just send my executive chef the Royce White pics??? yes?

10. shoops

shoops Member

Looks like someone fked up

11. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Can't say that I didn't see this coming from the beginning when White was clearly showing that he wasn't dealing with his mental issues in a healthy, proactive way. Like I said back when White missed the beginning of training camp, White came across as someone who had been pampered due to his talent and allowed to avoid dealing with his anxiety issues directly. A bunch of fools on this site attacked me, a clinical psychologist working in the area of anxiety disorders, for saying that he was not dealing with things in a healthy way. I don't see many of those posters here defending White's behavior now. You do not deal with an anxiety disorder by spending a fortune on a bus to avoid anxiety as much as possible. Can we agree on that now?

1 person likes this.
  12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't exactly think this is going to help.

It's a mental health issue and it appears he's probably not aware how ridiculous this looks to the average fan. His response to people saying, "Go play!" is usually just a #SMH hashtag.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

DARRRYLLL!

ROYCE!

14. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

bingo!

[​IMG]

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

We should have let Dallas draft him :mad:

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

McHale wanted Royce, not Morey.

17. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Rockets gonna stick it out just long enough to trade him for a second round pick.

I feel bad about his condition but it seems his demands aren't being met? I thought the whole bus thing was fair as long as he is there for practices and games. If its something more than what we know already, then he should have been honest about it before the draft. NBA is not a normal business.

18. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Can we trade him for DeMarcus Cousins? At least Cousins fly and score.

19. ApuN

ApuN Member

Sorry but this guys gotta go

All his life his bad behavior has been rewarded mental issues or not

He cannot cut it at this level. It is no different than someone who has one arm or one leg

He is hobbled mentally and the NBA is just not for him.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You guys want to know the real story?
    I have this curse. I swear, it's serious.

If you are a player, and we run into each other in midtown, you instantly become cursed and doomed as an NBA player.

many years ago, I ran into Joey Dorsey. In fact, I did it twice. I ran into him at Randalls in midtown, and I ran into him again at the Houston Center, over by Toyota Center.

And then last thursday, I ran into him at the Walgreens in midtown over by the car wash, and specs and all those places. He was there buying cookies or something. Those small grandmas cookies or whatever. He was wearing NBA socks with those hood type of loafers. Don't know what they are called, but they're a hood necessity i think.

So that is what happened to Royce White. i gave him the ol Kam midtown curse.

Sorry. Terrence Jones, Scotty Machado, and Donuts, please stay far away from me in midtown.