1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cleveland's Backcourt of the Future

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redlawn, Nov 5, 2012.

1. redlawn

redlawn Member

NBA backcourt of the future? Kyrie Irving (24pts) and Dion Waiters (28pts) both had monster games to beat the Clippers tonight. They're both only 20 years old. :eek: What do you guys think?

2. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Man! those two and Varejao came to play tonight, clutch bucket after clutch bucket. Definitely a solid backcourt to build around

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I guess that's alright. I mean it's no 45 and 21 combo

1 person likes this.
  4. redlawn

redlawn Member

That's what I saw too. Waiters and Irving hit big shot after big shot. Clippers have their own top tier backcourt in Chris Paul, Eric Bledsoe, and Jamal Crawford, but I was very impressed with Cleveland's guards tonight holding their own.

5. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Kyrie is something special....once Chris Paul hits the decline I am putting my money on Irving being number 1 PG in the league

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think you're on to something.

7. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

:grin:

8. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Oh, is it already a general consensus that he is going to be the best?

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

These guys are going to be good. Too bad they're small so they will get worked over defensively. But offensively, imagine them as a more efficient Monta/Curry with better playmaking. That's scary.

I don't think he sees the floor like CP3. He's obviously a more explosive scorer. I see him as a more efficient Drose/WB type of scoring PG.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Clippers broadcaster mentioned that Synergy stats had Irving as the worst defensive player in the league last season.

11. nono

nono Member

Verajao has the ability to face up in the post and hit that 15 foot shot. If Asik could do that it would work wonders for us in terms of opening space up for Lin and Harden.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Too early for it to be a general consensus. Let's see what he does this year.

13. trowa

trowa Member

something dion waiters has but jeremy lamb lack: confident
    dion waiters proved tonight that he does have the potential to be at dwade level.

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Reminds me of Houstons team.

15. carayip

carayip Member

If only our center could hit shots like the Cavs'...

16. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

It's too bad John Wall is injured, we could be seeing two potential eastern rival backcourts in the making.

Beal/Wall vs. Irving/Waiters

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yeah I'm excited about their backcourt. Honestly I think they're better than ours. Irving > Harden, Waiters > Lin. Everything else on that team though, sucks. Unlike ours, we have potential at least. Their roster is full of scrubs.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

zeller had 15 & 7 in just 24min. and we can't even get royce to show up at the arena..

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

So we're just going to completely ignore defense? I mentioned earlier but Synergy stats had him as the worst defender in the league last season. Byron Scott even publicly called him out on his defense. He's still very young though but to say Irving > Harden now is mind-boggling. The only thing Irving has over him is that he is an elite offensively for his position but Harden is no obviously no slouch on offense either.

20. sidestep

sidestep Member

In tonight's game, Byron Scott didn't have Irving guard CP3, because of his poor defense. That assignment went to SF Alonzo Gee.

It seems like Irving's Synergy numbers are finally making the rounds. It was amazing how no one talked about it last season.