1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FAMOUS HOUSTONIANS / LOCAL RESIDENCES

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HectikG81, May 28, 2002.

Tags:
  1. HectikG81

HectikG81 Member

This past weekend we were out looking at homes, we decided to do a little dreaming and wanted to look at million dollar homes.. I never knew Houston had so many (We only looked on the northside).

There were homes just 2 minutes from Woodlands mall on the lake that have gates of gold and that had to have been worth over a million... So we were all wondering who lives in these houses??

These were homes you would only see on MTV Cribs or "Homes of the Rich and Famous" It was like taking a stroll down Beverly Hills...

So who famous lives in our area?

Have you seen anyone famous residence in the area?

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Most of the people who live in those homes are people you've never heard of before. The vast majority of the ultra-rich are NOT celebrities. They are mostly people who have successful businesses or wealthy families. There are some famous people who live in Houston - athletes, a few musicians and actors - but most of the homes you are talking about are owned by wealthy business people. For some, it may be one of many homes they own.

Take River Oaks. There isn't one celebrity or famous athlete living in any of those gigantic houses on River Oaks Blvd. or nearby. They are all people whose family had that money and who inherited the estate.

I was having a conversation with my father and he was telling me about a family friend who has a client with a 27,000 (yes, thousand!) square foot house in Brenham on several hundred acres that will soon include an 18-hole golf course he is having put in. But he only spends one third of his year there. He has several homes of that size around the world and a $47 million custom jet to get around.

He made his money in cable television and banking, but no one here would ever have heard of him in all likelyhood.

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

there is a local website, Harris County Tax Authority or something like that, which contains local tax info on people who live within the city limits. If you do a search you may find the thread, we found quite a few folks who were famous in one way or another... the website lists the amount of home taxes they paid with their names and other info...

4. Pennywize

Pennywize Member

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Larry Dierker lives in Jersey Village. I think Hannah Storm lives around Houston somewhere.

I think Clint Black also lives around here. Lisa Hartman too.

There was an article in a newspaper that said stuff about it. I think ZZ Top guys live down here too.

6. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

You are mistaken jeff. First, background on drewp: I am a member of the River Oaks country club and have many friends who live there and or party there. There are quite a few celebrities who live there that you dont know about (privacy)... so dont say the are no celebrities and that just rich families live there. For example, my dad's first wife (very wealthy family that lived in river oaks) lived right next door to Bud Adams. My dad all sorts of free tickets etc etc and met most of the people that lived in the neighborhood. I am not saying bud Adams is a full blown celebrity, but that there are people living there that you probaly didnt know about. ........ now can you please pass the grey poupon, i have a tennis match to go to and I must hurry and eat all these fish eggs! (note Drew can make fun of himself, he does not need help from fellow members! ') )

7. TraJ

TraJ Member

I think the key words were "on River Oaks Blvd. or nearby." I assume that doesn't mean none live in the River Oaks area. Could be mistaken about this, since I don't know much about River Oaks.