1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Donatas Motiejunas works out with Hakeem Olajuwon (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

3 people like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

D'Mo may not have Hakeems footwork, but he might have the quickness

3. Ultimate6thMan

DMo did pretty good trying to emulate those moves for the first time. I think he has enough skill to really get good at some of them as the season progresses.

4. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

5. Play07

Play07 Member

if jones can get as consistent a PPAT was getting on that shot we have a great power forward !! he crashes the boards, plays defense, runs floor which is perfect for our offense, best shot blocker on the team besides Howard, can put the ball on the floor, finishes strong around the rim doesn't waste time with a layups like someone I know, and has impressed Howard the most so far out of the non starters

6. Ultimate6thMan

Why are you saying this in a DMo thread? I mean, I like TJones as well and think he will probably get the nod over DMo, but WHY? Stop trying to create controversy, divide the team or promote your favorite player at the detriment of good threads on this board. I know you just joined the board in Aug, so did one of TJones family members pay you to come say this type of stuff in every thread?

7. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Jesus dmo needs to work on his core. had no control on those spins.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Agreed. D-Mo doesn't look like he's improved on that from last year. It's useless to have a move if he can't deploy it at the right moment.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Dmo is going to fall on his face, literally, if he tries that move in a game. While he has tremendous quickness for anyone his size, Dmo's biggest issue is balance. His lack thereof is the source of his troubles on the defensive end and rebounding, his two biggest weaknesses. I've never seen anyone fall down as much in a game, since Yao Ming.

This issue is seen once again as he is wildly spinning all over the place trying to emulate Hakeem. He really needs to slow down, get his steps right and handles tight first, then try to speed it up. Also, seems like his hands aren't big enough to palm the ball. Still impressive agility for a bigman. Dmo probably stands to benefit the most out of anyone else on the team to work with the Dream.

10. King901

King901 Member

He isn't a better shot blocker than Asik either... just sayin

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Let's realize that this is DMo working out with Olajuwon ONE time. This isn't the end-result by any stretch. We're lucky to have a young, lanky PF with potential and an all-time great tutoring on our coaching staff.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Jones is going to stomp on the competition.........

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

D-Mo needs to slow down a bit. Sacrifice some of that speed in favor of better control.

Other than that I'm glad he is spending time with Hakeem. He would benefit from his coaching more than any other player on this team in my opinion.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

it's a thread dude calm down who are you the "thread police" ? and jones was working on his shot half the video I'm sure I wasn't the only one watching that ! we all know dmo has post moves that's only reason why he still on this team, that's not what we need out of the PF spot this year post up moves we run more than any other team in the league.

and your right I joined the blog in August but probably have been to more rockets games than you have since 2009 joining been a lower level season tickets holder going on 3 years, I'm a bad fan for joint the blog recently ????????

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've been saying for a long time that he needs to improve his outside shot first. His post game is fool's gold.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

check the percentages on time spent on the floor, he also had a few games end if the season where he had like 4-6 blocks a game can't remember exactly

17. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

Another pick 6.......... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

18. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

whoops... wrong thread! sorry about that! =P

19. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I question how much Dwight can benefit from Hakeem's coaching, but if there is anyone in the NBA that could use it, it is Dmo.

20. Normalus

Normalus Member

That strange cause most of turnovers in that vid was with his left hand, and he is left-handed player.