1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] Saying goodbye to Adelman feels like the right move

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

5 people like this.
  2. Raven

Raven Member

Agreed, the Rockets need to rebuild, so bringing in a young/patient coach makes perfect sense.

3. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

So what it all basically boils down to is that you believe that Morey has a better understanding about basketball then Adelman does.

4. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I agree. We need to have a coach who believes in the same moneyball system that the GM and owner believe in. All 3 have to be in sync or you're never going to succeed.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Clutch, you also don't win friends with salad, it doesn't mean you don't eat it. This is what's right.

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i agree

rick was great, but we aren't a contender, and he can't make us a contender without the talent.

if we can develop t will and thabeet along with the rest of our young talent, we could be a very good team, but i think we're two years from that. unless, of course, we make some kind of trade that brings us in some power at the 5 and a go to guy on the offensive side

7. throwedyung14

throwedyung14 Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly - I wish Adelman the best. He deserves to win now. Rockets aren't doing that.

8. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Gotta agree with you Clutch, it sucks that Adleman is leaving but we nned to look forward to a new era.....but it'll be the minimum of a couple years

9. gah

gah Member

Sharp pencil, as always Clutch. There's nothing left to do but hope the dices roll our way.

1 person likes this.
  10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I still don't know exactly what this means? Can someone explain what an "analytics coach" is?

Is it basically a coach who may think Player A is better than Player B based on what he sees in practice...but some advanced stats say otherwise, so he's more open to gong with what the advanced stats say? I can't imagine a coach ignoring what his eyes and gut is telling him.

Is there another team in the NBA that uses advanced stats to set their game rotations depending on the opponent?

11. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Agree with what you said, but I still am not excited or optimistic about the future.....gonna be a long off-season (and longer).

I knew this season was going to be tough, but I think next years will be even worse (if there is one)

12. Convictedstupid

I'm still your friend, Clutch.

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

if we're getting younger and starting fresh

will the rockets trade all the players that run adelman's system?

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

you're not my friend anymore clutch :(

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed Clutch. Like I said yesterday, I respect the organization for making this move and I'm glad they are willing to make bold moves. It's not a popular move but whats popular isn't always whats right. I'm looking forward to the organization moving on and hopefully the Rox being relevant again.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Adelman's a great coach. But he shouldn't be coaching a lottery team...
    Especially since he's going to do everything he can to win games; which in our case wouldn't be the greatest thing...

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

completely agree.

we don't need to win now, we need to win big.

we can take a step back, retool and come back (hopefully) better than before. but you have to be willing to take that step back and sacrifice the present for the future. i'm glad they are thinking big and planning long term, but i'm still sad to see adelman go.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Awesome article. Could not agree more. But watch out Clutch, you might get called a MOF:p. I'm kidding

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Clutch, the one point I disagree with you about is the Shane Battier trade. You said that fans that cared about "winning now" should be livid that we traded Battier, a key piece to our team. I'd say that we actually became a better team with Budinger and Lee taking Shane's minutes. I don't think that's a knock on Shane... but to me it's similar to the Rafer-Brooks situation, just without the return benefit of a replacement player (frankly, we didn't need one -- we're overloaded as is.) In other words, while I'm not thrilled with what we received back for Shane, I think the 2010 Rockets did become a better team with his departure.

20. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i agree. i've been posted some of similar points contained in your evaluation on other threads.

w/o a foundation, the stability means nothing. i don't know why km couldn't understand it unless he thinks he is the foundation.