1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

With the 14th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Apr 26, 2012.

?

The Houston Rockets Select..

1. Terrence Ross

15 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Meyers Leonard

46 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Terrence Jones

18 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. John Henson

20 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Austin Rivers

121 vote(s)
    41.2%
  6. Dimian Lillard

13 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. Arnett Moultrie

13 vote(s)
    4.4%
  8. Moe Harkless

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  9. Royce White

13 vote(s)
    4.4%
  10. Others

34 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Would we draft a center or the best talent available?

2. highlander3128

Who cares?
    Its another asset!

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Would we draft a 6'9 Forward or the best talent available?

I have no idea.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Quincy Miller

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He's still at Baylor

6. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

trade up to get Austin Rivers.

7. cod

cod Member

The Suns have the better "(4) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference" so it's likely the 13th pick.

8. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Not anymore. He decided to enter

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Lets accept it, we are stuck drafting 6-9 forwards.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

He might still be at Baylor but his name is in the draft and he has signed with an agent.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

The Suns drafting Rivers at 13th would make this win over the Hornets even sweeter! *sarcastic laugh* Ugh.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

We'll draft another tweener PF/SF with the same result as last year ... and the year before that. Maybe we'll get lucky and Arnett Moultrie will show some promise in the D-League. We would never draft Meyer Leonard because he is only a sophomore -- not old enough to be a Rocket. I'm so tired of moneyball and it's inherent mediocrity. Apologies for being down.

13. cod

cod Member

Suns hold tiebreaker.

13. Houston
    14. Suns

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/39555/ford-in-maui-austin-rivers-overrated

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

15. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Why are you in love with Rivers? Other than being Doc Rivers' son, I don't see the appeal. His weaknesses cancel his strengths and he is another tweener, more SG than PG. I'm not dissing your enthusiasm for him. I just don't see enough to get excited.

16. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I'd be happy with:
    - PF/SF Perry Jones III: He almost surely won't be here, but I'd be ecstatic if he was.
    - SG Terrence Ross: Needs polish, but has a high-ceiling and athleticism we could use on the wing.
    - SF/PF Royce White: Not sure where he'd fit on the current roster, but he's an incredibly unique and versatile talent worth grabbing (despite his mental concerns).
    - C Meyers Leonard: Has the length and tools to develop, and we have Camby to hold down the C spot until he's ready.
    - SG Jeremy Lamb: Some have him slipping but he has elite scoring potential, he just needs to mature and gain some unselfishness.

I'd be so-so with:
    - PF John Henson: The shot-blocking would be useful, but would he contribute significantly elsewhere?
    - SG Austin Rivers: Has the killer-instinct and scoring ability, but lacks a left-hand and is somewhat one-dimensional.
    - SF/PF Terrence Jones: Another "power-wing", but I like him more than Morris for sure.
    - PF Arnett Moultrie: Solid across the board, unspectacular.
    - PG Damian Lillard: Only if it's obvious we're dealing one of our PGs. Don't see him developing the PG mentality, but he has great offensive skillset.
    - PF/C Tyler Zeller: He doesn't have the upside that I'd want, and I don't like him as a C longterm.
    - SG Dion Waiters: Can score and make plays on both ends, but is only 6-4 and would probably be a slight reach.

I'd be pissed off:
    - PF Jared Sullinger: Short, fat PF without athleticism. Sounds likely, unfortunately.
    - SF Moe Harkless: I like the kid, but I watch a lot of SJ, and he's NOT ready to contribute offensively on the NBA perimeter. He's been overrated.

1 person likes this.
  17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I don't see PJIII dropping all the way down to 14th. If he somehow does, i think he would be the popular pick.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would go with need on this one and pick Leonard. Like they should have done last year.:rolleyes:
    I would either take a flyer on White, Fournier or J. Taylor with the 16th.

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Rivers will be there at 14 or later. Need to package picks and move up, been said every year but it's true.