1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

?

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

1. True

282 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. False

231 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Like I said in my earlier post. I've never seen Clutch put up a poll thread like this. He might have an opinion about Lin. He could have written a couple of paragraphs instead of just "True or False?" It looks so trollish it just doesn't look like Clutch at all.

If Clutch had a strong opinion about Lin, he could have written a couple of paragraphs. Heck, he could have written an article and put it on the front page. He has done that. Why did he feel the need to create a thread like this just to make a point about Lin's performance?

One thing for sure, and all post 2012 posters should take note. Clutch does NOT need to create traffic here. If anything, he would rather kick some posters out if he had the time to find them.

#201 Easy, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a frustration thread - he was getting ridiculously bashed about his pod cast in another thread by really dumb attacks and he probably did this as a knee-jerk reaction. Everyone seems to be human at the end of the day.

We need to stop antagonizing one another.

1 person likes this.
  3. Zergling

Zergling Member

66% of fans think Lin has done a GREAT job of being an offensive spark this series? 2 out of 5 games is considered great?

1 person likes this.
  4. Rox7

Rox7 Member

I'd say 3/5.
    How about 0/5 from a superstar?

5. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

He was in game 1, so false.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Im quite sure you have selective memory. Rafer freaking Alston. That is all I have to say, you remember him?? Do you remember just how much Clutch DESPISED Rafer? When Clutch hates a player, he does not hide that opinion. You know that, I know that, anyone who isnt dead set on painting Clutch as some biased racist hater knows that.

You guys are constantly making new threads about Lin, why is it not cool to do so in this case?? Is it because you guys all know that if you are being fair a thread with this question doesnt look good for Jeremy, and yall cant have that. If this threads was praising Jeremy you guys wouldnt be whining about "another Lin thread".

Now, there's some truth right there. The traffic is not needed and frankly, I know I would be happier with less traffic. I want quality traffic not quantity.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like Clutch's post.
    and if you ask every 99er they do too.

Like mario elie talking about dream .

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Really looking forward to Clutch's reaction when Lin is eventually sent packing (unless Les has something to say about it!)

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is completely false. The difference in criticism between Lin and Harden is that Harden doesn't have a gang of nutballs dedicated to trashing everyone that criticizes him and trashing every other player and coach to prop him up. Harden has been ripped up and down, rightfully so. You folks are completely deluded.

10. jtsmith

jtsmith Member

Maybe it was the way the question was asked that made it seem biased.

If he were to ask

"Before Game 5, Did Jeremy Lin do a great job of being an offensive spark in this series?"
    Yes
    No

It would've been less biased and less of a way to guide the reader to a certain outcome.

11. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

tinman shows the proper respect for Clutch, which others with longevity like myself show. Clutch is the man who provides you with this forum for LOFs to spew the garbage that is choking the life out of real Rockets fans. Clutch helped organize Save our Rockets to back the arena referendum to keep the Rockets in H-town. He deserves respect and deference just like real Rockets fans would show to Hakeem.

Loudmouth jerks who don't contribute to this site and bash Clutch and others like tinman can go find somewhere as far as I am concerned. Most of the LOFs are not contributing members and do not pitch in financially to support this site like real Rockets fans. The real Rockets fans have been here before you and will still be here after Lin is no longer on this team.

1 person likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Are you saying Clutch hates Jeremy Lin? :confused:

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If the original question is biased how is your question not just as biased?

Too funny.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post.

It would be very hard for me or you to be like Clutch and maintain this site as well as his job and regular life duties.

I think we'd go Frank Underwood on a lot of posters.

I originally joined because Clutch had all these awesome articles and exclusive interviews with the players and coaches.

The only player I think Clutch is biased EVER to, is Hakeem Olajuwon.
    I mean, this place is called Clutch fans! named after Clutch City!

15. Dementium

Dementium Member

And this thread will inspire the quality traffic you were looking for? Really?

16. jtsmith

jtsmith Member

I was just saying the wording plays a lot in reading a question. One can swing one way or the other.

Clutch could've easily asked the question like this: (which would also seem biased)

"Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin did a great job of being an offensive spark this series"
    True
    False

That's why I suggested something like (sticking to a yes/no true/false type of answer)
    Before Game 5, Did Jeremy Lin do a great job of being an offensive spark in this series?

17. Zfan

Zfan Member

True. He's actually never played a good playoffs game in his career before game 5. A smart guy like him must realize playoffs is truely competitive which is nothing the same with the Cinderella story in NY. He's improving. He's trying to make Linsanity part 2 happen. Hope game 5 was just the rehearsal.

18. demarco1

demarco1 Member

is this place open forum? yes i respect everything that clutch did, He is the owner of this site, but to me, it seem that clutch already effected by LOF and LOH... i never doubt what he think, but This thread should n't been out there. in my opinion...

but again. this is his site, and the answer to the poll are Yes and NO... please refer it to your own prospective.. which side do you wanna see, from which angle.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Jerry Lin is the spark to my life.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm OK with Jeremy Lin. I was glad he played well in game 5. When he plays well, the team only benefits.

I don't feel like he has played well, or even up to his own standards, before game 5. He hasn't been terrible, but I wouldn't say he is a "spark" or 6MOY candidate.

If he can keep this up for the rest of the series - by all means - please do.

I don't understand how everyone here enjoys getting dragged into the LOF vs "insert contrived Lin-opponent acronym" pit. The discussion inevitably loses sight of basketball and becomes a giant game of "they started it".

I feel that if it were Jon Doe in Lin's place, and Clutch made the exact same comments, we wouldn't be seeing an 11 page explosion of people picking sides. We would see bored agreement.

Go Jeremy Lin.