1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Raptors @ Rockets 2/28/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2012.

1. conquistador#11

had it not been for the power dancers rendition of olivia's get physical, this game would have dragged on more. but a win is a win. Chandler parçons reminding us more of battier by pulling a Houdini act for three qtrs and coming up huge in the final moments.

Is it me or are these new power dancers packing more junk in the trunk? Nice assets.

2. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Ugly. But didn't Scola get a double, double? Lowry was dominate yes, but others contributed to this ugly loss!

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. valorita

valorita Member

recap of the D. Casey post game interview:

-I heart Lowry. He is the heart and soul of that team.
    -Rockets make winning plays. Difference between them and the Raptors.
    -Rox are one of the top teams in the west.

It's nice to get some respect from opposing coaches.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Woke up to a Rockets postgame with stats of Raptors 47% and
    Rockets 39%, I thought this was a loss until they put Lowry highlights and the ending commentary of Lowry's play is the difference. Then listening to McHale's postgame comments, of course Lowry's fantastic game, but he is constantly praising Chandler Parsons. McHale made shed some tears if Parsons is traded for our big stud. Impressive win to closeout a 4-1 in the homestand.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Not completely, McHale is more likely to play young players.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Classic! Nice!

That team deserved more time together but it wasnnot meant to be.

8. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Sac just beat the j*zz

They've been losing a lot lately, let's take advantage of their slump tomorrow.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great to see the guys, especially Mr. Sampson and Mr. Reid. My only regret is that the rest of the cats on the wall behind them couldn't make it. What a tremendous collection of talent! Sometimes, I suspect there are folks who wonder how a BBS based on all things Rockets could have over 40,000 members. What makes the team so special that something like this place could be created by a fan, for fans, and become the greatest basketball fan site in the known universe? It's all right there on that wall behind McCray, Lucas, Sampson, and Reid. We've been blessed with amazing talent through the years, and never more so than in the 1980's. Most of the other franchises can only dream of having a player like the Dream, much less all the rest of them. We're a special franchise, a special team. The Rockets might be in a bit of limbo right now, talent wise, but the limbo won't last. It never does. The stars will align once more. Count on it!

2 people like this.
  10. nef2005

nef2005 Member

Are we now 5-1 or 6-1 in game decided by 5 points or less?

11. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

We're now 6-1

1 person likes this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sub Plot: Demar Derozan benched for entire fourth and is b****ing on twitter.

13. arjun

arjun Member

two things i noticed

1. Near the end of the game Kevin McHale was all smiles. He made a comment to Martin after his 2 FTs and Kmart started smiling huge. Kevin McHale is tough when he needs to be, but he is a players coach. He did the same thing with Courtney Lee after the game. And i've seen him do it in the past with many other players. Great motivator

2. Terrence Williams was the only Rocket that waited for Kyle Lowry to finish his interview. I don't expect anyone to wait for Klo..but the fact that Twill did is awesome. they walked arm n arm to the locker room. I want Twill to succeed badly on our team..but he just gets in his own way. He's a great teammate though.

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

How did they honour the 80s team ?? Looks like a great turnout, only Dream was missing, he needs to be there when we honour the 90s team for sure!

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

He's as good as gone. I'm not sure when his contract's up (this year?) but when it is, he will get overpaid and will either leave Toronto hanging or take up all their cap.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Something I wanted to mention in post-game analysis:

I loved what I saw from Lowry last night. It was obviously a nice scoring game from him, but he flashed signs that there could be even more improvement to come in the future. That wicked spin move. A couple of those Nash-ian psychic bounce passes. The willingness to, at least, take a mid-range jumper, even though he wasn't making them.

If his skill level continues to increase over time he really could mature into a superstar-type PG. Since I've mentioned Nash, he's a great example of how occasionally--not often, but sometimes--this does happen. At age 25 Nash was averaging 9 and 5. The next year he averaged 16 and 7. And he just kept getting better. It wasn't until age 30 that he finally averaged a double-double: 15.5 and 11.5 in his first year with Phoenix.

We all know Lowry has a great work ethic. The willingness to go outside his comfort zone and try new things will be critical for him to evolve further and become not just an all-star caliber PG, but a superstar caliber PG. In last night's game we saw hints of him doing just that, trying things he's not good at, succeeding sometimes and failing others.

I hope it continues.