1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attendance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It was 13,372 last night. Usually the rockets have lousy attendance, but is it going to be even worse due to the Comcast fiasco? Maybe this will be impetus for the rockets brass to push Comcast to get a deal done. I think I am not going to go until a deal gets done.

1 person likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's absolutely going to be like this. It is very difficult to follow a team you can't watch on television. TV drives attendance. They advertise ticket packages...they showcase the product.

The Rockets are very much out of sight, out of mind right now for me. I hate that. I forgot there was even a game last night, because I had no way to watch it.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

^ Bingo. I want to watch the games, so I stream them but when they are streaming on my TV I don't pay attention like I would if I were watching the game in HD. I tend to go in the other room, talk on the phone, etc. You can barely make out the faces of the players on a decent feed. It is pathetic.

I just can't watch the games like I want to. Therefore I do not pay attention. When fans can't watch the games, they don't give the Rockets any thought.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Toyota Center looked absolutely empty last night... Maybe that's why they lost, weak crowd... I bet they will win more games on the road than at home...

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Whoa! Watch what you say there. Hangout Boy doesn't like talk like that, and he laughs at us for saying such cruel things! He actually LAUGHS AT US!

JFC.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

RM95 is good people.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

That's great news, thanks.

8. jocar

jocar Member

Occupy Comcast

9. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk Member

Also, you must consider with the Texans doing so well right now, and the economy as it is, the Rockets will take a backseat at the moment.

10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Texans at bears > rockets

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I still can't figure out why they moved the games to 7 oclock. How does someone living in the burbs, or even in a neighrborhood outside the loop, taking family to a game, manage that 7 oclock start? When I used to live in Houston and go to games regularly even 7:30 was somewhat difficult.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Football season in Texas>>>>> Basketball

If you put a baseball team in Liverpool and they played at the same time as Soccer(football) season attendence wouldn't be great their either.

American Football is not quite as popular in Texas as Soccer is in Liverpool, but its getting pretty close.

The Rockets have to be a contending team to sell out the arena... thats just basketball in Texas.

13. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

I agree. Get off work around 6, go home pick up family... weekday games are practically a no go.

14. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

Sports radio talking about the Texans>>>>Rockets games

so we got harden, he gets doubled and nobody else on this roster can score.
    second verse same as the first. New era...huh.

15. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

I was actually embarrassed for Harden last night. After he made a layup which was a big play in the comeback we made, he had to actually wave his arms to get the fans to cheer. In OKC the fans would have been going ape $h!t. Rockets fans are so fickle. The first game was great, but we lost and people sad...Same old team. Thats it until we start winning and Harden is going crazy again.

16. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

I think Harden will miss the OKC home crowds the most. He was trying to get the crowd into the game last night but wasnt happening. Wish Rockets crowds were jam packed and rowdy! Would help the team out immensley

17. slowturtle

slowturtle Rookie

Attendance will go up once football is over and Houston has a winning record.

18. Eps

Eps Member

yeah its a harsh reality compared to stadiums like MSG or Thunder. this is a big ass city with tons of people, why wouldnt the stadium be filled???
    my answer is football. we're too deep rooted to it. and will not get riled up for a new rockets season like everyone has for the texans. i don't know, its kinda depressing tho. i would freaking love to see toyota center packed every single game.

19. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

My answer is the same as last year during the playoff push. You can usuall tell if a team is winning in a sustainable fashion. Harden is not going to average 30ppg. They are an incomplete team, at least the way the rotation is. Harden looked very Martinesque last night looking for the foul and not going in strong.

20. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

so Houston has the Rockets and the Texans, dallas has the mavs and the cowgirls, san antonio only has the spurs, if iam correct