1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs-Suns officiating

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Will, Jun 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We're just a couple of minutes into the 3rd quarter of Game 5, and I don't think I've ever seen a more flagrant example of officiating to get a result. The league wants this series extended, everyone loves to watch the way the Suns play, so what the heck, let's call the Spurs for dubious offensive fouls on three straight possessions, and let's no-call every defensive contact, travel, or double dribble by the Suns.

Come on, guys. I want the series extended, too. But show a little embarrassment, at least.

2. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

I hear you.
    Besides those 3 offensive fouls, there were several more marginal calls that all went against the Spurs. This league is embassasing. I turned the game off and got on the net instead.

3. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I saw a lot of bad calls that you could actually attribute against the suns...for instance no call and Joe Johnson's 3-point attempt when he gets knocked into the benches.

A double dribble by parker - no call, and a shuffle step not called.

Spurs are just making more noise about the calls (one was Manu attempting to get the charge by under-cutting Amare).

I really haven't seen any kind of bias against a particular team here. If anything, Spurs were frustrated early and doing silly things, and they seem to have gotten their composure back.

4. EMAN34

EMAN34 Contributing Member

stupid sun fans cheering when Duncan went down, I hope they go fishing tonight:D

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

no class. they will never win a championship anyway. the nba's baby will be out tonight. GO SPURS!

i really hope that the rockets can get to that level soon. even when they don't get any calls they find a way to win.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW, Amare is a STUD! :eek: :eek:

Nice comeback here by the Suns.

7. EMAN34

Man Amare is really lookin good. Some of those moves around the basket really do remind me of the Dream,but I still hope they lose.

8. Uprising

The Suns have a chance...4pt game with 26secs.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He looked pretty tired on defense though.... and then on the next two offensive possesions. (you never saw Dream "tired" at the end of games, on defense... esp. in the playoffs).

He works too damn hard to get his points... and he needs to learn that with a little work in the off-season on his jump shots, jump hooks, and defense, the game will be infinitely easier for him.

That being said, what he's done in this playoffs purely on dunking and athletic ability is amazing to say the least.

10. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

man, and i thought the rockets got bad officiating....

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

could stern make it any MORE obvious with that last play? Amare basically tooking Parker out of the equation. Stern/refs are pathetic.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

More like Shawn Kemp in his prime than Dream.

Wake me up when Amare starts making fall away jumpers from behind the backboard while being triple teamed and falling out of bounds. And doing it on a nightly basis. Then we'll start comparing him to Dream.

13. Uprising

Wow, Suns were just ROBBED of 2pts from the REFS. :eek:

14. EMAN34

Man I cant stand Amare or the suns, but the guy is going to be good. Not as good as the Dream:D temp. isanity

15. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

And now a flagrant on Manu!

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that drive, spin, reverse side dunk by amare was just incredible. how many big men have that speed, strength, handles, and athleticism?

and amare has scored a ton on jumpers in this game.

as for the thread, it has been amazingly slanted towards the suns. they are getting away with all the contact while the spurs aren't. of course they could've hit duncan with offensive goaltending and didn't. still, whoever knows what New Yorker is talking about. he didn't even think game 6 of lakers/kings was biased for the lakers.

and this game doesn't even compare to game 6. that series was even more anticipated than this one and there was going to be a game 7 no matter what had to happen in game 6.

and this one is over.

17. EMAN34

Kings got robbed

18. Uprising

Go Spurs, bring the Trophy back to TEJAS! :cool:

19. Remix

Remix Member

Off-Topic but what happened to Devin Brown?

20. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

For all the tea in China, SUNs are doomed

No matter how hard those stupid refs try, they just cann't save SUNs arse

:D