1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's defence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Jan 5, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have to admit, his defence is much better than i thought.
    Two nights straight against very good PG's, Brandon Jennings and Kyrie Irving. IMO, he did a very good job on both. He is definitly looking like an all around player now. He is also a lot tougher than i thought.

Good bye Toney Douglas. :(

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

He will be a very good point guard when he develops his jumpshot.

3. just a word

just a word Member

Agreed on the defense, but i honestly don't think Douglas is going away unless it's a great trade because he's been bringing really good energy when he comes in from the bench.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

He's not freelancing much anymore which is very good.

5. Jedster

Jedster Member

Why goodbye Douglas?
    Douglas is a great complementary player. If he doesn't move before he jacks up his 3, he has a high percent of getting it in.
    There's room in the team for both Lin and him.

6. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

he's been a decent solid one-on-one defender, sometimes like to overhelp and leave his man open though.

TD actually has been knocking some 3s down at a pretty good rate lately..no?

7. Jedster

Jedster Member

The only reason Lin's D is surprising people is because they listen to all the media talk about his poor defense and how he can't go left etc.
    It got repeated so often that it became like facts (yes, I'm talking about you Jon Barry).

But anyway, he has always tried hard at D. How could he not when he was always borderline being cut?

8. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Douglas is still a valuable rotational player. Statistically he's our best three-point shooter and he provides a different look on defense. His defense, while overrated, can be quite pestilent to offensive players at times and he's been able to harass for steals and turnovers at times.

Surprisingly, he's actually improved his PnR game and managed to find others. It's great because we've got a lot of multifaceted guys in Parsons, Delfino, Harden and Lin so even if he's running the point it's not too big an issue if he can't get penetration or force defensive rotations and switches. Still, I'd like to see him play more as the 2-guard because we've got two elite PnR players on our team already, and he'd be a great player to kick-out to for the trey. Too often Morris and Parsons have been cold.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm saying goodbye to Douglas in case of a trade .

11. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

There's a good chemistry between Lin and Douglas.

12. nono

nono Member

Don't forget he locked Teague up too.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think Douglas did a better job on Jennings and Uncle Drew was killing him (and everybody else)

I don't think he is bad defensively and I dont think his D is a good enough to warrant its own thread. . I remember him having a very good defensive effort against Vasquez @ the Pelicans after Vasquez revived Western Conference player of the week honors.

14. conquistador#11

he still needs the reputation so he won't get called on some really cheap fouls that others can get away with. But yeah he is good at defence, bye bye asik!

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Glad people are actually watching his plays and not just judging his plays via what's written about him!

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also, D'Antoni's system didn't call for much defence either.

17. holly1985

holly1985 Member

I like TD a lot. TD knows how to finish you off!:p

Anyway, Lin did a good job on Kobe here.

[​IMG]

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That will come with time. Maybe sooner than later.

19. holly1985

holly1985 Member

[​IMG]

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Lin only gets destroyed by really quick PG's that explode. He's pretty good otherwise on all others. He had trouble guarding Nate who is a pretty quick player