1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is this Asian Ryan Seacrest person on the sidelines?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bad_jason, Nov 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

Who is this Howard Chen fellow and why in the hell does Bill Worell keep asking him pop culture questions when they come back from commercial?

It's just a weird dynamic.

Had to DVR game tonight... I'm in the 3rd quater. #AwkwardReporterDude

1 person likes this.
  2. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

He's just a reporter for CSN, get off his balls

2 people like this.
  3. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

It's apparently the Rockets' attempt to seem hip with the times.

4. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

yeah. He is so useless. Adds nothing to do game or analysis.

5. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Must be the guy who's couch Lin slept on.

6. redlawn

redlawn Member

OUCH. That's a low blow to call him an Asian Ryan Seacrest lol.

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Pretty harsh. Well at least he seems motivated, seems to work energetically and hard, and speaks well. As for the content of his questions, they don't interest me at all, but maybe it strikes a chord with some younger fans (I hope).

8. Convictedstupid

I'm glad I now get to hear random tossers' opinions on tv.

9. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

Chen and Calvin Murphy should perform scenes from the hit feature fim "Rush Hour" at halftime. That'd be fab!

10. skyline07

skyline07 Member

he stands out because you are not use to seeing Asian American males in the media besides Jeremy Lin. Quit hating and just ignore him if you really hate him that much.

2 people like this.
  11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I believe he's there for the younger generation since he usually talks about twitter and whatnot.

12. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

I didn't say anything about hating him. Chen seems like he'd be a decent dude in real life.

The thing is, I don't understand why someone thought pairing him with Worell, Drexler and dumb questions would be AMAZING.

Worell just asked him something about twitter followed by which Rocket would make the best Presidential candidate. WTF?

13. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I think he stands out because he talks about things that have nothing to do with basketball in the middle of a basketball broadcast.

1 person likes this.
  14. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

LOL it's funny that you guys brought this guy up. I was watching the comcast Houston broadcast today and thought to myself, why does this guy have a job? It seems totally irrelevant during watching a basketball game. Is he providing basketball gossip? Feels like someone just created a position for this guy to hopefully attract fans or reaching out to more different type of viewers? Who knows, but I push the mute button once he starts talking. With Clyde, 3 advils usually does the trick since I like hearing the bricks, swishes, slam dunks and shoes sqeeking.

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I feel like he is MEDIA PR for them. Always on The Twitters and the Facebooks. I have Twittered him on The Twitter a few times actually. Seems like a nice guy.

16. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

I can only take so much WTF in my Rockets broadcasting. Clyde Drexler is already pushing the weirdness envelope.

Somehow Bill Worell does his best to wrangle things, god bless him, but at this point, I suspect he's just drunk most nights.

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That's not true, I for one am used to seeing anybody on tv and I could care less about their nationality. The reason he sticks out is because it is a horrible excuse for entertainment, the segment sucks bad.

18. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

Okay guys, lets settle down. This is a first world problem. We now have a weird sideline twitter guy. One day this fad shall pass, god wiling, soon.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Your right, I would bet he is a real nice person, at least he seems to be. That doesn't make the show good it's the worse thing I have seen on a Rockets broadcast in more than 25 years.

1 person likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

He's the reason we have lost 2 games.