1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MyFox Memphis] City of Memphis suing NBA over Lockout

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ascaptjack, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/memphis-looks-to-sue-nba-over-lockout-mfo-20111018

1 person likes this.
  2. Spooner

Spooner Member

If Kevin Garnett is serious about "holding the line" for the future, maybe he should just give his paycheck to Memphis. It would come out about even....

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Other cities with similar arguments( if there are any ) should threaten to do the same.

4. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Just film more The First 48's.

I'm sure Peanut shot pookie and will be ratted out by Tay-tay to Det Caroline Mason sometime in the next few days.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

lol Yeah Memphis, lets litigate these a-holes back onto the court. I'm up for anything.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Memphis no deserve basketball team, they too poor.

7. Htown's2kFinest

can they give us rudy gay back?...

8. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Rudy Gay for Kevin Martin and Terrance Williams.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You're kidding of course.:grin::confused:

10. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Rudy Gay would solve our SF issues and Lee has proven to be starting material.

I'd rather have Lowry/Lee/Gay/Scola/Hayes with Dragic/Budinger/Morris/Patterson/Hill coming off the bench than Lowry/Martin/Budinger/Scola/Hayes.

Rudy Gay > Kevin Martin.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Please, stop. You would be giving up too much for Rudy Gay. It doesn't matter who or who can't start.

12. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Rudy Gay is arguably one of the best SF's in the league. I'd put only LeBron, Durant and Carmelo over him.

Kevin Martin isn't even a top 5 SG. Williams is a throw in for SF depth for them. He sucks and we need to get them back for sending us their 2009 bust, so its natural we send them ours. :grin:

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

How is that giving up to much?:confused:

In all honesty I seriously doubt Memphis would accept that proposal anyway.

14. what

what Member

Rudy Gay is one of the most underrated players in the league. Probably only Kevin Love has a worse image as a superstar among fans of the game.

Gay has made both KD and Lebron look silly many times at the end of games. But he is still perceived as a defensive liability, which he isn't. Also, he has a floater reputation which is also not fair since everything the grizzlies do is predicated on an inside out game.

Gay pretty much can get anything he wants at the end of games and that's why more often than not, you look up and the next thing you know Gay is hitting a game winner, or making a defensive stop and you think its luck, but it isn't. It's the way gay plays.

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

We should start a Gay riot. Occupy Toyota Center.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

First of all, giving up our leading scorer. Second, giving up a soon to be beast of a Rocket. I don't think Rudy Gay is worth that. People need to get off that Terrence Williams is a bust nonsense. He's a dumbass, not a bust.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

I never said Terrence was a bust. Actually, I am quite excited to have him here with a new coaching staff. Having said that, I think you are severely undervaluing Rudy Gay.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I seriously doubt Memphis could win a lawsuit. Everybody knew this lockout was coming. I'm sure the NBA made sure they were protected in the case of a lockout. Unless there is language in their contract that addresses it, I don't see how the city can hang this on the NBA. They agreed to fund from revenues.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I would be shocked if there's not something in the deal between the franchise and the city that addresses this issue directly.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?