1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roy Hibbert's statement about the Houston Rockets (UPDATE: Rockets deny this)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Feb 9, 2012.

1. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Hibbert is potentially the biggest black hole in the NBA. He never met a situation where he doesn't want stats for his actions. Just watch him play. If he ever passes the ball, he'll bark at his teammate for not shooting it, even if they're covered. I think if given the opportunity, he'll run up to the scorer's table just to ensure that he gets a certain stat that might've been missed. The guy just seems like he's in it for all the wrong reasons.

2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

you watch a lot of indiana games?

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Maybe he should have been sent to the D-League.
    Hibbert once again with a 0 point performance.

I almost wish he were on the Rockets. Clutchfans would call for his head. At least James puts up points albeit inefficiently. When Hibbert decides not to show up, he pretty much doesn't do anything on the court.

5. pass_to_Hakeem

Too bad Houston didn't draft him. He's horrible and would of benefitted from a year down in the Rio Grande system!!!

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

well, maybe it's the right move to send him to the D-league after all.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

zero points for the No Fundamental Guy..... Dleague fodder

8. verysimplejason

He's good only when he's "driven" in which most of the time he's not. His ass is really too lazy...

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Now that their season is over, maybe we'll find out what went on in that locker room.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

This guy needs lots of coaching, and probably to trim down a bit. He doesn't seem out of shape, but looks like he can benefit from being a bit lighter on his feet.

Forget these 2 performances. He's shot 44-45% from the field each of the past two seasons. That's inexcusable and really the coaching staff needs to be held accountable for letting him play so much while he's clearly not developing as a player at all. Maybe if they had benched him he would understand that he's been a terrible C for almost 2 years now.

I think I even remember some people on here questioning whether Dwight is better than this guy. Please.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This guy spent last summer at one of the best strength and conditioning facilities in the country. It looked like it paid off big time early in the season but he's clearly fallen off the wagon. I'm not sure what more you can do with him physically until he can turn the mental aspect around.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He needs lessons with Hakeem and some balls

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Can we please just stop the nonsense that went on in the GARM this year about Dwight NOT being the best center in basketball?

All the grief he got this year and last, and ridiculous talk about how guys like Hibbert are just as good if not better than him was pretty unjustified & knee jerk.

Even Marc Gasol as great as he is, doesn't hold a candle to the production Dwight puts in when it comes to the playoffs.

Dwight averaged 26 PPG on 55% shooting while Gasol went for 17PPG on 40% shooting. On defense, Dwight does every bit as much as any of these guys if not more. I'm not even going to bother with Hibbert's statistical production.

I really dont want to hear any more grief about Dwight this Summer going into next year. We have hands down the best center in basketball, and arguably the best SG in the league as well. They aren't perfect, but obviously you dont have to be perfect to still be the best at what you do.

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

that D league performance tho

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Even though it's a flat-out lie, and never happened, national media will still run with it. The irony though is that he probably could have used a little time in the D-League..

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thing about Hibbert is, scoring 0 points is one thing; but how the hell do you have these recent games with 0 rebounds, 2 rebounds, etc?

If I were 7 feet tall I would at least hold my hands up and guess what? The ball would carom by chance into my hands every once in awhile.

Hibbert has major confidence issues. Whether something happened in that locker room, as was suggested and denied, or if Hibbert simply ran out of steam and watched his game go south and take his swag with it, who knows.

It's s shame because when Indiana was on, they were demolishing opponents.

Now? Indiana has a $14,000,000 center who's already put up the gone fishin' sign.

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I just don't understand how you can be 7'2" and not even average 7 rebounds per game.. Chuck Hayes, on a good day was 6'6", and averaged around 7-8 rebounds when he started. It's pathetic to argue him as a top center.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think coaching can help him overcome the fact that he's just not a very well rounded player. He's good at defending the rim and that's it.

He peaked years ago and it wasn't a very big peak. 13 and 9 on 49% FG. Now at 27 with 6 years in the league, I don't see him improving. He has little drive and no athleticism. His training with Duncan was apparently a waste. He's just not very good.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

He seems to have almost no lower body strength. That's why he can't position himself for rebounds and why he's constantly posting up way off the block. If dude had Yao's legs, he'd be a different player.

He has a good skill set for someone his size. And is a GREAT rim protector. Just lacks drive and lower body strength.