1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Time Experience From Lower Bowl

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Genesis, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Hey guys, just wanted to share with ya my first experience sitting on the lower bowl during the Rockets home opener. I usually sit 409-410, or 426-427. My wife got me tickets to sit in section 125 :grin:. My whole group was rockin the beards!

10 Observations
    1) Holy effin cow, that new video scoreboard is awesome.

2) You would think with these more expensive seats, there would be more fans wearing rockets gear... sadly not the case.

3) Sat on the other side of the Rowdies, can hear you guys loud and clear. Was it me or was the sound board operator off tonight?

4) *Obligatory FU to Comcast comment. :mad::mad::mad:

5) Sat next to a douchebag and his gf. He didn't rise for National Anthem, and when the salute to the arm forces came out during one of the time outs, the guy just sat there while everyone cheered. He looked like DMo's brother.

6) The entire two rows in front of me consist of LOFs carrying what I assume was Taiwan's flag. I'm as big a Lin supporter as anyone, but I root for team first and then players... but thats just me.

7) No one really chants in lower bowl. In my section it was just me and 2 rocket brothers from another mother chanting.

8) Looking around after half time, notice alot of empty lower bowl seats. There should be a policy where if you are not at your seat by half time, someone from upper bowl can take your place.

9) Mchale doesn't really coach, from the times I watched him. It's alot of exasperated gestures and... thats it... lol. But then again this is my first time actually paying attention to bench area so maybe all coaches are like that. Not calling a timeout on the final play btw, wow... huge fail on McHale.

10) Overall my group had a blast minus the final score. Honestly however, I believe I would have more fun sitting back in 400s... even though the view was nice!

**Pics to come if you guys care.

2 people like this.
  2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I care. It's good to hear fans perspective of the game.

Before clicking on your thread, I already knew what was going to be addressed, and lo and behold, I damn near nailed them all.

Did not see the comcast blast coming. That got me.

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Lol, but, but, but McHale works so hard, how dare you criticize him in such a lazy way. He deserves better :(

1 person likes this.
  4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I went to StubHub and wanted to buy lower bowl club seats since I gave my suite tickets away. $300 a ticket? Lol, no thanks! Kinda why the lower bowl looked so empty, again. Get used to that atmosphere. It's not changed since TC opened. I also laughed whn they announced a sell out. OK, riiiight.

**** Comcash again. Will not even think about paying for a ticket or merchandise until this is fixed. I'll just watch the highlights and catch up on my phone. EAD Les.

5. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Pictures or it didn't happen!! :grin:

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I wish the Rowdies would stop cheering Fear the Beard every time Harden shoots and start some MVP chants. For goodness sakes they were already chanting it in Atlanta.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The Rowdies were a fun experiment when JVG put them together when TC was in it's first season. Now they're just irritating.

1 person likes this.
  8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

My sentiments exactly.

They were brought in to help energize the crowd during a time where we had a dull ass fanbase. If the home opener was any indication of how this season will be, cheering will not be a problem.

While they were announcing the starting lineups Jeremy Lin got such a huge pop I was wondering why they didn't introduce him last no way they can top that. Needless to say after Harden came out, the building was as loudest as I've ever heard it. Even throughout the game. It really felt like a playoff game in there. So much electricity many fans cheering.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Surprised that there wasn't any China flags then they both can fight to claim Lin as their own. I think it's silly though since Lin is American and they probably are too so they should be waving the American flag!

10. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Comcrap propaganda was everywhere... irked me everytime I saw it.

11. kinein

kinein Member

Glad you shared this!~ This is a solid post! Next time pictures!! Or fan videos!

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'm sure section 125 is the best vantage point in the arena for judging a coach's performance.

13. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

thanks for sharing your experience!

#6.. maybe they're not actual Rockets fans but felt like it would be fun to get together and show support for a fellow Taiwanese-American on opening night.

#9.. Mchale enjoys the games over practices. let him enjoy opening night. lol

14. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

The game really was sold out. I went to about 30 games last year and did not see it anywhere near as crowded as it was during the opener.About every seat in the upper bowl was gone from what I seen In fact I haven't seen Toyota center that crowded since game 6 against Portland in the playoffs. The only open seats were a couple rows in the club sections. Which they are always open because some rich bastards have season tickets there and never show up. And I sat it 117 and let me tell you I had some crazy ass mo for sitting next to me. People were going crazy. I had this grandma behind me who was going nuts. She was about 80 years old.

15. slickster

slickster Member

Hmm, it almost seems like you didn't have a very good time with all of the complaints?

16. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Were you in that section with the lady holding the PRC flag? lol I saw that on TV.

[​IMG]

17. highlander3128

Not sure if just only me, I do care about the pics....;)

18. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

y u no put pics? >:/

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Most Coaching is done during practice. On Game day it's all about reminding players what the learned during practice and Player substitutions.

20. bread and budin

Not to be a bummer here, but you even said they you are rocking the beard for 1 player yet your commenting about how these guys shouldn't be waving a flag for 1 player..

Watching something is a subjective experience, its not really supposed to be something that you and everyone else that is watching need to experience in the same way - some people buy tickets to give to clients, some buy tickets to root for 1 player, some buy tickets to drink at the bar, some actually go to a game to watch the team, or diagnose plays. To better enjoy your own experience, forget about all of this stuff and just enjoy the moment you are there in the most enjoyable way you can!

1 person likes this.