1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA2K12

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kXMVcKQ18sQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thoughts?

Trailer was on during game 1 of Dallas v. Miami.

I think the whole 'returns with a vengeance' thing is just Jordan being back in the game and maybe they expand the "classic" teams to include Houston (crossing fingers).

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You gotta remember that trailer is using elements from 2K11.
    But generally, the pattern with 2K basketball games are that they have revolutionary tech every three-four years. I wouldn't expect much out of this game.

It would be amazing if they could incorporate MotionScan (L.A. Noire) facial tech. But unfortunately it wouldn't be practical.

3. HombreDeHierro

2k sucks dick. FIFA-like realism is needed

if you know the glitches and passing/shooting nuances of the game you can be good. it has nothing to do with how well you can run an offense, and don't even ask me about D, its just awful.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Already? My thought is that it's June 2011 and they should come up with a different marketing strategy/timeline. 2k11 is a good game, if you don't mind the choice of classic teams completely excluding Rockets Championship years (and if I'm not mistaken, Kobe isn't in the game?)

These games do improve, but not at the rate they release.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

2K11 was a huge disappointment since there was no version of Hakeem in it.

6. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Please share.

I haven't had issues with glitches, the glitches that were there were fixed through patches. Shooting nuances are part of the game, thats sorta the point. That's what helps add realism.

And D? Defense is the name of the game in 2k11 IMO, if you learn how to play D it's easy to rip people to shreds. I'd say 70% of the people playing 2k11 can't play D. Once you play someone that can play good D, you see the game and scoring become a hell of a lot more realistic.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

JEEZ, will game developers EVER make a basketball game with realistic hands? They all seem like robots. :( Their fingers are so stiff like sticks that's what SHE said.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's because Hakeem never played against Jordan or the Bulls in a playoff series.

9. BP0803

BP0803 Member

I was really aggrivated they had the Knicks team we beat in the Finals in the game and not the Rockets team. And then to have the Cavs?!?! Playing with Mark Price and Mr. NASCAR Brad Daugherty is not very much fun, still don't get that one.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

As REEKO pointed out, the entire game was basically a monument to fluffing Michael Jordan's ding-a-ling.

Any team that MJ pwnt in the 80's and 90's was included, the great Western teams of those decades were no where to be found.

Lame.

11. SwoLy-D

80's :confused: ^^^ ? I'm sorry, sir... I looked up "History of NBA Champions" and found no Bulls in the 80's. Please check your dates.

Also, I looked up HOUSTON vs. CHICAGO stats and it wasn't close in the 80s. Bulls NEVER owned Houston in the 80s nor the 90s. :eek: <sup>[1]</sup>

:p 80s or 90s bulls NEVER owned My Rockets. I'm on your side, sir... I agree, but some stats need to stand out.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Jordan wrecked shop in the 80's, but that doesn't imply championships. However, 2K was obligated to include teams from the 80's that Jordan played against as part of their retrospective of his accomplishments and career highlights... most of which were from the East.

I never said Chicago owned Houston. What in the name of smilies are you talking about?

13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

After all these years, Jordan still afraid to face Hakeem.

Also, aren't the 94 Sonics on there? But yet no Rockets.

14. sew

sew Member

You obviously don't use sliders.

operationsports.com

15. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

You can download custom rosters for any team imaginable, including the 1994-1995 and 1995-1996 Rockets. I have no idea if the ratings or the animations are realistic. I have never used them.

16. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I want me some classic Rockets, Suns and Kings teams on the next version.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Honestly, if 2k12 is 2k11 with more classic teams, FIBA teams, and more customization, then it be the best sports game out there.

18. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I expect a big let down especially after a good 2K game.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There ain't so sliders for online dawg.
    I guess you barely play ranked games or crew.

And to the guy sayin glitches ain't a problem, ever ran into a spin dunker? Unstoppable animation if executed right. Also multiple pump fakes in the zone will automatically lead to one of your dumb cpu-mates jumpin so your opponent draws the foul.
    If you play ranked and crew for a long time you see all the effin exploits this game has, it totally ruins the experience.

Crew games are heavily loaded with cheaters, the worst are the 8'5 99ers, sometimes you even run across 10ft+ giants.
    It's also a shame they don't know how to stop the hacking.
    Another thing, like 20% of the crew games don't count, had spans where 5 in a row didn't count.

The classic mode was a nice idea but it basically ends up in the user cheesing and playing unrealistically to get the stats needed. That's not fun or reliving these moments.

One of the worst things: Why the hell did they bury the ranked lobbies? You could see the reputation and record of your opponent before playing him, therefore you could play ranked games without running across cheesers.

Let's face it, Blacktop sucks. The community wants an allstar-weekend where you participate in all the contests, add the flavor and the possibility to play with your created player.

Add Online Association, EA is far ahead in this term.

The 2kinsider doesn't know what he's doing and barely touches important ratings. This year he updated the roster every 7-10 days while only changing like 5-10 players. The Blog is full of feedback and provided stats, yet he barely changes flawed attributes. For Fs sake, how difficult is it to take a few minutes and look up the fg%, 3pt%, rpg, etc. and then implement them accurately into the game? He even couldn't get the teams right, how hard is it to look at the injury-list and rotations? 2k should fire the guy and hire someone that knows the stuff.

I really think I'm skippin this year if they don't fully revamp 2k. See what happens with FIFA 12, they lead every sports game in sales but still weren't afraid of changing everything and bringing a whole new engine and gameplay.

20. SwoLy-D

Houston wasn't one of "the greatest teams in the west" in the late 80s and Jordan didn't own us, either... but we're not there? :confused: