1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Portland is really good at OT...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by khfxxx, Dec 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

They won EVERY overtime game this season so far:

vs. Hou 95 - 85
    vs. Hou 119 - 117
    vs. CLE 118 - 117 (double OT)
    vs. CHA 118 - 112

Tow of them were against us. Ugh...still hurts...:(

2. lalala902102001

Portland was down 18 with 5 minutes left in the regulation. Charlotte should have never allowed the game to go into OT.

3. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

The whole Portland team seem clutch.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I watched the ending to both Cavs and Cats. Lillard seemed to struggle down the stretch in both making bad decisions/shots/FTs but he was saved by his teammates hitting clutch 3s (Batum, Babbit). Aldridge with some clutch boards and tips and Matthew hitting his FTs.

5. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

I had money on portland. Thought i was down 7 minutes to go in the 4th

6. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

lol...I don't why I just figured Portland would win this game somehow after I saw the game going into OT.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

They're playing over their heads. OT games are basically coin flips, yet they win every one?

Their point differential is bad and they're going to most likely miss the playoffs.

9. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

The poise and leadership qualities of Damian Lillard have to have surpassed managements expectations.

He knows how to handle himself in closing seconds of a period.

You see on countless occasions, Lillard blowing by his defender without the need for a screen, finishing the play strong at the rim or calmly creating enough space to get of his mid range jumper.

His play in the 4th and OT have been crucial in many games. He isn't exempt from making some rookie mental errors, but he is on a good path to becoming a superstar.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He looked good when he beat us in OT but against the Cavs and Cats toward the end he was forcing it too much I thought, just bad shots/turnovers in general. I'm not going to dig into him for it though since he is a rookie after all. He definitely has superstar potential.

11. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Agree, felt sorry for Charlotte (also for Cleveland the other night against Portland). Charlotte started chucking up too many bad shots at the end, they're young though, and couldn't get any rebounds. Aldridge was huge in getting those.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

People always forget about these things. I remember when the Bobcats were winning earlier in the year, and someone made a thread about how they're so "clutch" winning a lot of close games.... And then they proceed to not win one since. It happens every year at different junctions with many different teams. Yet in the end, it's always the teams that blow people away by 10+ points that end up going deep in the playoffs.

Of course, then there are anomalies like CP3, who is like a clutch god who transcend odds. But generally math always win out.

15. arjun

arjun Member

or...they must be really mediocre in regulation

taking OT to beat the cavs and bobcats...