1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Clyde Drexler has got to go...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jan 22, 2012.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think I can take this abuse much longer.

The free throw jinxes...

The long pauses...

Every word that Bill says reeks of "Please bring back Calvin so I don't have to deal with this anymore..." The awful analysis from Clyde is something that Bill seems to notice, and he just bites his lip and lets Clyde slide, but he can't avoid the awkward silence that comes there after. Is it just me, or is this happening more than ever?

Having Calvin for a few moments was such a treat...

Calvin is a Rocket through and through. He gets so pumped for every game, and his enthusiasm is contagious. Conversely, Clyde Drexler might be the most boring individual on the planet. I love the guy, but dear lord. I would rather listen to Jimmy Stewart talk Rockets...

2. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I wanna cut myself everytime he says [D]Tragic.

3. Dlawson

Dlawson Member

louiiiieeeee:confused::confused::confused::confused:

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I wholeheartedly agree! Can some1 please explain how this works, is Drexler hired by the Rockets and thus can they just fire him or is Fox Sports in any way involved with his contract ?

That's why I hate Leslie, he fired Calvin Murphy so quickly in 94 and brought him back because of the fans. Now he keeps this moron on tv for way too long, can't we start a petition or do something about it like with Calvin ? I know it's different from trying to get a guy back then firing one but Clyde has to go.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

6. HPD

HPD Member

Throw in the old man selling Beers. Dude was pooooooor last nite......

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Drexler just makes it awkward. I thought Bullard was way better.

8. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

i second this.

9. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

JVG please :grin:

1 person likes this.
  10. sweetbobl

sweetbobl Member

The Rockets like Clyde because they know he'll never say anything negative about the Rockets. The Rockets think we're so stupid that we'll buy that the Rockets are all All-Stars and they're always doing a great job. Of course, Clyde has to mention every few minutes how wonderful Les is and how he is the best owner in the NBA. The message this sends to Rockets fans is that we're the most gullible and naive fans in sports. To be fair, Les is obviously not the only NBA owner who does this. It would be nice to respect your fans a little bit, though.

11. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I agree, Clyde Drexer is not a good commentator...

12. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

I hate to say this but I'd take Cynthia Cooper over Clyde at this point. He's just effing awful.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Whenever I go to a game I see Clyde strolling in right before pregame, I don't think he does anything at all to prepare.

14. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Sadly I think we're stuck with him for the forseeable future. I watch a lot of basketball and, thusly, listen to a lot of commentators and Clyde is by far, BY FAR BY FAR BY FAR, the worst in the whole league. He's an unprepared buffoon who, worst of all, spouts nothing but tired cliches and platitudes the ENTIRE GAME.

I cannot believe the man was hired to coach a basketball team way back when. That is just stupefying.

15. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

He's Bill's foil. I enjoy hearing them disagree...on almost everything.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Am I the only one who is willing to break a lance for him... He is too entertaining....
    lmao

17. conquistador#11

You think Lex, with the huge ego he has, is going to bring back someone he let go. muahahahaha (evil laughter).

I miss calvin too.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't hang in the GARM much, but seems like it's been a while since the last Clyde thread.

He is a sorry joke as a commentator.

19. ken

ken Rookie

We do need Calvin..back it just not tha same.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

I wish Calvin came back. Seeing him commentating brought so much fun to that last game he was at for me.