1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato leaving?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by conquistador#11, Apr 24, 2007.

1. conquistador#11

Some conflicting reports state that our comrade,from Sports Radio 610, maybe calling it a career.(as host of the morning crew)If this tragic news were to manifest itself,who would you want to hear as a replacement?
    I would love to hear Mark V' and Lance team up;it would be a strong combo.
    Whatever decision Granato makes,the people will always remember him for bringing entertainment back into sports talk radio. Mil Saludos granato! :)
    Well John granato isn't Daniela Guzman,but I thought this deserved it's own thread :D

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

duh.

move matt and adam.

i actually think they would suck in the morning cause i think the type of show for the morning is different.
    i like them where they are at, or move them to the afternoon show.

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Is this true, Chance? I didn't hear anything about this.

If so, good luck John with whatever the future may bring. He's a good natured fella and I had the pleasure of meeting him once, he loves to laugh and just have a good time.

On a side note, I heard him and Lance mentioning Clutchfans.net this morning, but I was just tuning in so I am not sure what it was about.

4. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Nooo, I love John. :(

5. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4744632.html

Granato files suit against parent company of 610

By DAVID BARRON
    Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Houston radio talk show host John Granato has filed suit against the parent company of KILT (610 AM), claiming that the station has violated his contract.

Granato, who co-hosts KILT’s morning drive time show, has asked a Harris County state district court to declare the contract invalid and to prevent CBS Radio from enforcing a non-compete clause that would prevent him from working on air for another station for six months after leaving KILT.

Granato’s contract runs through Nov. 30. The suit was filed late last week with the Harris County district clerk’s office and assigned to Judge Jennifer Walker Elrod of the 190th state District Court.

Granato is the second Houston sports radio personality in recent years to ask a Houston judge to vacate a non-compete agreement. In December 2004, state District Judge Randy Walker ruled that KILT could not enforce its non-compete clause with talk show host Charlie Pallilo, which freed Pallilo to begin work immediately for KBME (790 AM).

Granato’s attorney, Terry Yates, said Granato will remain on the job while the case is pending. “He's very professional, and they (KILT) have been very professional to him,'' Yates said. ``This will be determined in a civil manner.''

6. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

John is under contract through November but that is all I am getting from anyone. Plus they all read this forum. Plus John is my friend and 610 is my home. Plus I am out of Guinness.

7. cdastros

cdastros Member

who is john going to? 790?

8. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Granato better take Lance with him, or move Matt & Adam over to 790.

Granato by himself would be... painful to say the least, an there's no one over at 790 right now, not even Charlie, that would make a good pairing with him.
    Can you imagine Granato & Dukes? LMFAO!

Granato, drop the suit - stick with 610 & Lance - and go have your beer (or 20) at Nick's. You're not THAT special.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Granato wants to make more money?

"Who doesn't!"

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Why wouldn't Granato want to work for 790 instead? I mean...

Who DOESN'T?!?

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

b*stard. I swear I made my post before I saw yours :eek:

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I swear I started editing mine before I saw yours.

13. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Double Rods!!!

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Advertisers love Granato, that would be a huge hit for SR610.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

john and lance make a good pairing and as good as matt and adam are, they wouldn't work in the morning. you need it more loose at that time. john would not make a good show by himself so i hope he doesn't try that route.

16. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Like who? Trailer Wheel & Frame? Nick's Place?

Advertisers like ratings, and the ratings are with 610.

Other than Palillo, 790 is pathetic. Granato, on his own, can't carry a show and again I'll point out that there's no one at 790 that would make a good team fit with him.

Well, hold on for a sec - John IS the biggest Astros/Purpura/Drayton homer in the city, so yeah - he WOULD be a good fit for the Astros home station!

17. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

What about Granato, Maggie, Kenny Hand, Barry Warner, and pepito the hand puppet all together on an overnight aliens and bigfoot show on KIOL? That would be sweet.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It would be good for 610 if Granato left. He is the weak link on their morning show. I know morning shows need more levity, but Granato is just terrible sometimes. They should decide on a replacement and let him go early. Lance needs a partner but he could carry the show for a little while by himself. I think Lance is usually good.

BTW, where did it say he is trying to go to AM790? The article only mentioned Palillo took that path.

19. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Ouch! Sounds like things will get ugly.

To be honest, I think it would have been harder to replace Lance than John because Lance seems to be the 'talent' on that show, while John is more of the set-up guy I guess. Unless Charlie goes back to KILT and pairs up with Lord again (used to be the best show on radio, hands down) and Mark starts doing the morning show again like back in the day, I don't see who else would have the kind of chemistry John and Lance had.

I hope things work out, Chance, please keep us posted...

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I think Matt and Lance might just work.