1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The dreaded Chuck Hayes appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Dec 7, 2011.

1. valorita

valorita Member

Chuck Hayes Appreciation Thread

Sac is reported to offer 4 years @ 20 mil
    Daryl was just waiting for the market to be set (not bid against yourself).

5 mil / year is on the upper end of what Chuck's value is. As a specialty player to be that missing piece, he is absolutely worth that. To the Rockets? It depends on which direction he is going.

This is how it will play out:

-If we let Chuck go,then we know that...
    1)we are getting a legit center that can replace Chuck's value on the court
    2)we believe that our own youngsters can fill the void
    3)we are rebuilding

I believe we will offer Hayes a 5 yr 22 million dollar deal. More guaranteed money because it's a longer contract and at ~4mil/yr, you really can't get a decent backup big in his prime for that price. I also suspect that Hayes will continue to get better as he has been doing in years past.

2. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Too early? He's not even gone yet, Rockets haven't made an offer to him either (apparently waiting on Chandler/Nene).

3. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

ima miss you chuck! you were the definition of hustle.

4. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Houston step your game up! Work some magic and find a way to KEEP him AND sign a serviceable FA! In Morey we trust?

5. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Goodbye Sweet Prince, too bad you didn't get an offer from a contender. (Still puzzled as to why the Heat didn't offer the full MLE to him).

Really wish you had a shot at a ring but you are going to be close to home now.

Part of me his happy, but another part of me is bummed. First Landry, then Battier and now you. It'll be hard seeing you in purple and white.

You will always be in the hearts and minds of Rockets fans. Sacramento is one lucky franchise to have your services.

You started out as a virtual unknown and absolutely no offensive game at all to becoming a triple double threat on some nights. Shows how much hard work you put into your game.

You were a consumate professional who did it the right way and were a phenomanal defender and teacher.

You will be missed sorely.

Farewell, Modesto Mauler!

:(:(:(:(

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N2BRsoVvDU8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I refuse to believe this. Morey swoops in and matches offer and the world is right again. ;)

7. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

If Chuck somehow gets resigned, we should chalk up this whole "Morey and assets" Here's the time to prove it...

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Loved the guarding of Pierce, especially as Pierce looked around when Chuck switched on D looking like he knew he was done....

DD

9. rocketshopeful

always felt like chuck would be one of those life-time rockets. A bit sad, but good for him. I will cheer him when he plays us.

At least for the near-term ;)

10. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

LOL no one is a life time Rocket, not even Hakeem was.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rudy T and Calvin Murphy.

DD

12. Broford

Broford Member

He is so getting a standing ovation when Kings visit Houston.

13. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

NEVER FORGET

[​IMG]

I'll keep posting this as many times that I find necessary. The happiest moment last year was seeing Chuck get a triple-double. The look on his face when he missed those two free throws was so damn funny.

14. rocketshopeful

guy named yao.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The charge you took to win the Jazz playoff game....I was there and I will never forget.

Best of luck at home Chuck!

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

This is why I didn't renew my season tickets. The clerk asked me who my favorite player was. I said, "Chuck and he's a free agent." Doofus said he was pretty sure Chuck was still on the roster and even if he wasn't they would resign him. Those desperate pimps will say anything to sell a ticket. That said, I hope he was right.

17. GzUs

GzUs Member

I sure didnt wanna lose chuck...especially for Sam Dal...but it looks like dats da way we headed..

18. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I love you man

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Chuck is probably my favorite Rocket of the last decade, I'm gonna miss him a lot

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

[​IMG]