1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] MVP Sergio Llull and his future with the Houston Rockets (w/ video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Why not trade him for a lotto pick then?

New Jersey will be needing a PG if Deron Williams bolts. Nash is a UFA, and likely won't be back with the Suns, so they'll need someone. Utah might end up with Golden State's pick, and they need a PG.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I stand corrected. He looks good out there. The announcers are annoying though.

3. Prince

Prince Member

yuy yuy yuy yuy yuy yuy yuy yuy

4. Red&BlackPudman

Basically identical. I love how he can shoot.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Who do yall compare him 2 in the NBA will he have a Rubio effect or is he jus another Carlos arroyo or Sergio Rodriguez

6. Spanish_Rox_Fan

Much worse playmaking/passing skills than Rubio (or even Dragic), but better shooter, defender + more athleticism.

Cons: Sometimes he accelerates himself and the game, too much. And too much confidence when he's on fire (this one can be con.. or pro). Anyway, I don't think he's gonna preserve this "self-confidence" in the NBA.

PS: Yes, those announcers are annoying. Even for me

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Steve Nash called..He wants his game back. And his conditioner.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I swear he's chuggin' a Red Bull 40. Dana Holgorsen approves.

9. cod

cod Member

Clutch made a highlights video. This is the full game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LK0Y7zqvOTU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Great, just what we need- another good rotation player but not superstar at a position we already have 2 good players and let Jeremy Lin go at....

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Madrid's Mamba

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you can predict Jeremy Lin will be a superstar and playing like one for years?
    Even Deron couldn't sustain superstar level for a half a decade.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sorry if this was posted; what's his buyout situation?

For example:

If it's $1.2 million dollars, can't the Rox pay 300k of that, but offer him a deal making it easier to pay his team there (provided we have cap space).

This would involve a Lowry trade, of course, and faith that Llull can adapt quickly.

I'm not advocating anything but getting this guy over here fast.

14. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I really dont wanna wait till 2013-2014 to see this guy in a rockets uni. Please morey get him over here next season

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was pleased to see the highlights. He is improving,and could potentially make it to the NBA in the future. Keep it up Sergio!

16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

was thinking the same thing.

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

There is no guarantee that Dragic makes it through the trading deadline or is even resigned this offseason. There is a decent chance that we only have one pg on the roster in a few months. He doesn't have to be a superstar but if he can be a Manu or Scola like contributor it's a steal.

18. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

He's actually saying "tri tri tri tri tri tri tri triple de Llull". Not that I wouldn't wanna hear Bullard using it :p
    I think the only thing they didn't translate was "MVP" (emvipi) - which still sounded kind of funny.

1 person likes this.
  19. OremLK

OremLK Member

I was reminded of Nash as well. Especially on his hesitation moves through the lane and long layups over bigger defenders. Reportedly he's a much better defender than Nash has ever been, but I doubt he has Nash's near-psychic court vision.

I really want the Rockets to work something out and bring this guy over next offseason, or trade him. I wonder if he can be convinced to come over in a Manu Ginobili type role--promise him sixth man status off the bench playing at both the 1 and the 2 for 25+ minutes per game. And the first guy to start if a guard gets injured.

20. Thisisbj88

Thisisbj88 Member

Houston Rockets, we do it for the llullz.