1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Utah fans cheer as Rockets take a 50-point lead over Jazz, 1/28/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This was terrific.

James Anderson hits a three-pointer with less than a minute to go, giving the Rockets a 50-point lead and bringing out cheers from the Utah fans still remaining -- fans who had been booing most of the night.

The Rocket bench loved it -- even Jeremy Lin brought out the three goggles.

[youtube]EkM1EaceLaI[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

lol, Jeremy is awesome!

3. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Lol at Lin's goggle troll face. hilarious.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I tought he was a joke?

5. Arthurprescott2

Wish I could have watched the game with Rox announcers...

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

why were they cheering? I confused.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

You know it's bad when your fans cheer for the opposing team to run up the score ...at home. This was so much fun.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Don't try to get inside their heads.

9. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Lin's visible anger and disappointment at losing the 50 point lead is pretty awesome.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I applaud their sarcasm.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Seeing and hearing this on tv was glorious. Never thought that would happen in slc. This brought happiness to my heart.

I want to drink jazz fans' tears.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

they wanted to send a message to the Utah management that this is unacceptable and that the Jazz are a joke.

I wish Houston's fairweather, casual fans could care enough to do something like this for any of our sports teams.

13. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

lol...here's a better shot of the 3-goggles..haha

[​IMG]

14. jocar

jocar Member

Lol! that's wallpaper material right there

15. TTNN

TTNN Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Big pro Lin crowd here but this is site of my favorite Harden beard. Guy wore usual fake beard, took it off, had matching real 1 underneath.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/296077754527531008">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Huge Turk crowd here tonight (well, maybe someone is here) got about a minute of Asik vs. Kanter. Al back in w Rockets up 13.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/296086972722716672">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Harvard Club of Utah is here. They seem interested in Jeremy Lin's warmup routine.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/296055094988898305">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

Might due to only Rocket fans left there, Jazz fans might rushed out already.

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Good times! Hope we can bring this momentum to denver. Would be awesome if we won a game there.

17. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Utah Harvard club? Mitt Romney must be observing Lin's warmup routine to try to figure out how to stretch his *****. J/k :p

18. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

When I was living in Philly, I managed to make it out to this beauty of a game:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200703180PHI.html

The Greek connection of Vassilis Spanoulis and Jake Tsakalidis put the finishing touches on it: I remember big Jake throwing down a MONSTER facial, and VSpan putting in a shot at the end to get the final margin to 50, and the sparse crowd left absolutely exploded with a mixture of sarcastic and legitimate cheers like it did tonight.

At the end of such a blowout, the only fans that are gonna be left in the building are either those cheering for the road team, or those who paid damn good money for their ticket and want to see something memorable.

If you're gonna set a record of futility, you might as well go big. This isn't a game 7 that the Jazz lost by 40, it's just another L in the loss column. Kind of like when a baseball game is 11-0 in the 3rd, you're secretly hoping for the opposing team to tack on a few more, so you get to see a position player pitch an inning or two at the end. It's a game in the doldrums of the season, let the fans have fun!

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Good to see our guys having fun. Love the energy!! :grin:

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Reminds me of when we were at MSG and played the Eddy Curry Knicks who were horrible at the time. Yao was schooling Curry and we were beating them pretty bad. Soon enough, the knick crowd started cheering whenever the rockets scored.