1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: If Twin Towers don't work, Rockets may look at LaMarcus Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Baruch

Baruch Member

Replacing Asik with Lin works the same.

2. Jeffey

Jeffey Member

Portland would never do LMA for Asik straight up. I don't think they would want a 8M or is it 15M? backup pg either in Lin.

They would probably consider Asik + Parsons but can we afford to lose Parsons?

3. basketballholic

OH, I definitely agree. We're just not inefficient enough. :rolleyes:

4. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I am not even sure they would accept that. They have Batum who plays pretty similar. And they don`t necessarily need Asik, who is only slightly younger than Aldridge (28 to 27). I don`t think we can trade anything that Portland really wants, so if we were to trade, we would probably have to find a third party.

The problem is, that our young PFs probably have very low value, since they can`t get off the bench and we play other players out of position at the 4 spot. So we have 3 tradeable players with some value: Parsons (most value), Asik (high value), Lin (medium to high value). And we have all our draft picks. I think any trade for a star has to include Parsons - can we afford to lose him? Maybe he is the clue guy that holds this team together, and he is a great talent, but he is no star and he probably never will be. So I guess we can afford to lose him for a star. I think we would feel more comfortable with trading Lin since we have Beverly - but Lin should be harder to trade since there are lots of decent PGs in the league. So I guess we probably have to include Asik. So Asik, Parsons, picks and filler could net us a star, but I wouldn`t call it likely.

I guess it wouldn`t hurt to call Miami for Bosh - yeah it is not very realistic that they break up their big three while they are winning, but FA is looming for them, they are in cap hell and Asik and Parsons would be perfect players for them (Chalmers, Wade, Parsons, LeBron, Asik - that`s nasty, because 3 players play great without the ball).

If we can get Aldridge, Love, Bosh or even Horford I think we have to try, even if it means losing Parsons...

5. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

nice to get legit source to post something up. Thanks CyberX

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

Asik would let Asik go, and probably will at the deadline.

And Lin for Aldridge? lol

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

Morey would let Asik go*

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't think our pieces get it done. It will have to involve the Blazers tanking because they suck, and then we have to find the best young prospect/pick possible for Asik to divert to Portland. Portland isn't going to want Asik if they're tanking, so it's basically what we can get for Asik that's the key. And I don't think we're going to get much more than what Gortat fetched. Perhaps 2 lotto-protected 1st rounders instead of one.

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Bucks get Lin and some picks
    Portland get Asik Tjones Ilyasova and some picks
    Houston gets LMA

Boom simple
    Do it

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

i think atlanta are more willing to blow their team up than portland are at this point in time

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I wouldn't mind Harford in a rockets jersey.

12. basketballholic

Dude.....

If we could get Ilyasova for Lin we'd just do that deal and hold Asik and the rest of our cards to send to Minny for Love along with Ilyasova. In the meantime we would enjoy Dwight/Asik/Ilyasova for 90 minutes a night at the 4/5 spots.

13. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Who gets to play Pg for houston then?

Bev, brooks, and canaan?

Lol

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

problem is Portland is not interesting in Asik and Lin

15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I don't get to see any bucks games so Idk if he would be better than say a Ryan Anderson. Btw I hate the Asik for Anderson straight up idea.

16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

We could probably get a decent vet on an expiring deal for a second rounder.

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i love how this is titled..

like a LMA deal is already on the table and murray is contemplating it.

lmaoooo :D

18. SunsRocketsfan

Take your pick below

[​IMG]

Lin/Brooks
    Harden/Garcia
    Parsons/Garcia/Casspi
    Aldridge/Smith
    Howard

Looks good to me

19. verysimplejason

Chris Bosh should be considered if LMA isn't available. Chris Bosh talent isn't redundant with Howard and can shoot 3s and mid-jumpers. The fact that he can also play center for short spans is also a plus.

20. verysimplejason