1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard may leave the Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/dento...time-orlando-and-reasons-wanting-leave-part-2

Maybe he can come to the rockets? Maybe we can also lure CP3 and have cp3,Harden, DH12 big 3?

I think athletes want that ring as much as the money. That is why guys like lebron and bosh left 15mil on the table to win.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't buy it for a second, especially since the Lakers are going to get a lot better when Nash returns and things start to click a little better for them.

Dwight isn't going to leave $30M on the table, and the Lakers aren't bad enough to drive him away. They'll be a playoff team.

If somehow they do wind up being a below average team at the end of the season and missing the playoffs (I'll believe it when I see it), then maaaybe. And if, somehow, that does happen, then I'd say the Rockets have as good a chance at Dwight as anybody.

That's a lot of ifs though.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

OH NO HE DID NOT! :eek:

4. arjun

arjun Member

im sure this was taken out of context...and he was talking about how he left orlando to LA in pursuit of a championship.

he has repeated time and time again how he is so happy to be in LA and wants to end his career there.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hmmmmm...you may be onto something actually...

...You know man, it's a dream but...

If Morey could find some way to convince one to come to Houston maybe the other would come as well? Knowing that Harden is on the team as well Morey could easily sell the idea of them being a big three.

It's going to take a collapse of both L.A teams to make those guys make such a decision though.

6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lol not even in a million years.

7. Prince

Prince Member

ASIK > DHole.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

In other words, Dwight Howard isn't a fan of Kobe b****ing at him in practice to improve his game, wants to just coast through games on talent alone while other stars pick up the slack.

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Listen, I like Asik as much as the next guy, but c'mon now let's not be silly.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

If he goes anywhere, he goes to Atlanta (his boy JSmoove plays there, and that's where he has his roots).

If he really wants a ring (which I question), then he'd stay in LA. The Lakers will never be bad.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The post Shaq era before Gasol was a Laker says hi.

So does the era of Van Exel and Eddie Jones.

12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Did anyone even click on the link? The interview was Dec 2nd, before the Orlando game and he was talking about why he left Orlando.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

If he really wanted a ring, he would have included OKC. But he wanted large media markets. So, he can stop whining.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

He was talking about leaving Orlando... Nice thread making skills :p

15. Air Langhi

I though I posted a different link. I guess that one took his quote out of context. Still it should apply to the lakers as well.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Those eras were, what a few years?

The Lakers have missed the playoffs only a handful of times, and have won a quarter of all NBA championships. They play in attractive city, they have a competent FO, and players will almost always want to play there.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I feel you, but here's the correct formula

(Asik production)/(dollar of salary) + (Asik 'tude) >> (D-Ho production)/(dollar of salary) - (D-Ho 'tude)

To me, it's not even close.

1 person likes this.
  18. Air Langhi

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/dento...time-orlando-and-reasons-wanting-leave-part-2

Here is the full part of the article so he is referring to LA:

And while he said it upset him having to divorce himself from the Magic and the Orlando fan base, Howard, 26, said his decision to leave ultimately came to being where he thought he had the best chance to win. And Howard, who can become an unrestricted free agent in July, even hinted that if he didn’t think he could win in L.A., he would move on from Southern California in the summer.

``You only get one shot. People might not ever understand that, but at the end of the day it’s not their life. You can’t let anybody else dictate how they want your life to be,’’ he said. ``I only have one shot to play and do something that I love. Not everybody is blessed and have an opportunity to do what they love.

``So I want to do it the best that I can and I’m going to take everything in I can to get what I can out of the NBA. Which, for me, is winning a championship,’’ he added. ``So if I have to play on another team or do whatever I have to do to get one, that’s my goal. This is my passion, so I’ll continue to fight.’

19. sidestep

sidestep Member

The crowd at the Staple Center absolutely roars every time Howard touches the ball. He basks in it with his childlike, I-want-everyone-to-like-me narcissism.
    That + LA money + chance at being a contender -- no way he's leaving LA. Next.

20. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Not a big fan of Howard after the Orlando incident. He's proving his worth with the Lakers right about now. Which isn't much.