1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560] James Harden Interview 12/3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TOWNSFINEST, Dec 4, 2012.

1. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Harden also talks about his charity event, what it's like playing with Jeremy Lin, and the trip the team took to Minnesota for Sasha McHale's funeral.

http://www.1560thegame.com/mp3/files/harden.mp3

1 person likes this.
  2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Thanks!

Can anyone summarize?

3. just a word

just a word Member

- Chemistry is continually building, Harden thinks they still need about 2 more weeks to really gel

- Harden felt like they really needed to be there to support McHale, but found that a difficult day, he 'dislikes funerals already', 'it was a very emotional day for me as well, I'm happy it's over and looking forward to the future and getting better as a team' emphasis his.

- what's it like being on the floor with Lin, after having played with Westbrook: "he's done a great job, I think it's just it's his first year too, as a starting point guard, and starting the year off as a point guard, so we both have a lot to learn together, I think he's a great player, he can create off/on the ball and shoot the ball as well, very versatile as a point guard."

- challenges going from 6th man to starter: "it's a lot different... it's still alot that I'm getting used to and adjusted to but it's still good."

- on helping recruit another star, 'do you say to other guys hey come over, play with us!': "Of course, I've been starting that recruiting process, not one player can go win a championship, nowadays you need two or more, I've definitely been starting that process, we need more guys to come over here and win. But for right now we're going to stick with the future we have."

- on offensive similarities to OKC: it's similar, the players are alot different, 'but the adjustments that I have to make to make my team better off'

- on leadership: a lot to do, guys look up to him despite his youth because of going to olympics/finals, but team and coaches help him out with it

So, yeah, apparently they still have room to grow/gel as a team and Harden himself, and also that he's personally been recruiting. Good signs!

3 people like this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

$1,000,000 fine and loss of daft picks for tempering coming down. Thanks, James.

5. senter

senter Member

thanks. he's definitely saying all the right things. its no wonder he became such a fan favorite so fast. regarding the whole recruiting other stars thing, I wonder who he's talking to.. Is the FO allowed to discuss stuff like this with Harden, like who to try to recruit? I'd assume not, but maybe Morey can give the ipads to Harden and then he can give them to the other players himself haha :grin:

6. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Thanks a lot for the summary! I would rep you if I could.

I wonder who he's been, uh, recruiting. Durant?! Lol

7. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

You guys forgot to mention...he's golf game was terrible. :grin:

He sounded upbeat. Love it.

Another thread might pop up on who James is recruiting...lol

Thanks for sharing.

8. Grigori

Grigori Member

Players can't temper.

;)

9. just a word

just a word Member

np!

And I don't know necessarily that he received a 'wishlist' from the FO that he needs to get them for xmas :)grin::cool:) but I wouldn't be surprised if they've had discussions for Harden's opinions given that he'd played against/with a lot of stars and chilled with them this past olympics. Also in that SI article with Morey it basically implied that the FO didn't care as long it was a top 10 star; ie. that analytics helps finding people to match with those stars but that these players are a lot easier to get (even if harder to find) than it is to get a star (which is conversely easier to find, but much harder to get)

10. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Thanks for posting. Very curious also who he's been talking to.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Speculation: James Harden Recruiting Target is...

12. Grigori

Grigori Member

Felicity Jones probably.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

Apparently the conversation didn't go too well

14. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Actually, that's more exciting the current threads right now.