1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taco Cabana "Street tacos"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blurr#7, Oct 15, 2010.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Exactly.

In another culture in a different time I could have had her beheaded for that.

But you know, water under the bridge...

2. VanityHalfBlack

LOL, Oh are we talking about the same tacos here..

[​IMG]

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like the way Cilantro smells.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Considering most of y'all live in Houston and other Texas cities where there are a lot of actual tacqueries why would you go to any fast food place to get "street tacos" ?

5. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

that's what im saying.

6. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Blurr, not to be a kill joy but if you go to any taco stand, I can guarantee you will get more for what you pay compared to taco cabana. 1.25$ / taco and more meat, cilantro, onion, repollo if you want, jalapeno, salsa verde or rojo, any different type of meat, of and also much larger tacos.

1 person likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

It's like when my friend and I went to Guatemala. Dude always wanted to go to a Mcdonald's. Live a little, go anywhere else for a taco! We're talking about actual tacos here?
    MAn, I'm craving taco palenque all of the sudden, only thing I miss from the Valley.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I didn't go to Taco cabana with the sole purpose to buy these tacos. I was at the drive thru and saw the ad and thought "we'll let me see how "Street" these tacos really are.
    Like I said I was just pleasantly surprised.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

its easier to put dog/cat/other animal meat in a taco and it will still be called a taco..

pho has to have that distinct beef flavor in it.. or pho ga has to have distinct chicken flavor in it.. anything else then its not pho anymore..

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

White people are afraid to go to those establishments.

11. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I call BS on this.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lies. I go to these 2-3 times a week for breakfast or lunch. I'm a cracker and there are plenty other whiteys in line with me. The food rocks and it cleans out my digestive system in a matter of minutes after eating. How is that not a win/win?

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

For real, I'm hispanic but there's always white,black even asian folks in line at some of these places.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

All I see are white folks at these places. 60 percent white peeps, 40 percent everyone else.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

White people love Mexican food, come on.

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I think it has now been officially established...."Whitey ain't scared of no Taqueria."

17. The Real Shady

I go there as well, but I know a good number of white people who wouldn't set foot in a Taqueria. I always laugh at the people paying 99 cents for a breakfest taco at Taco Cabana when you can get one at Arandas for the same price that's 10x better.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i thought this meant they opened up taco trucks..

im not sure why they or another well known restaurant hasnt...i think the biggest issue with them is bad management/advertising, etc...upper level stuff....a place like Taco Cabana has these departments already. With that, along with well- known name, they'd clean up on the streets. They just need to tweak their cooking some to make the menu more "street". That'll bring in the usual taco truck consumers, but also bring in those who were afraid to try because they feared it was unsanitary.

19. The Real Shady

I definitely call BS on this one. I guess it depends on which one you're hitting though. When I go to one in Spring Branch I'm the only whitey in the joint.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

fixed