1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 22, 2012.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Kings are an unstoppable force in these playoffs. This isn't the same Kings team from the regular season. Literally everything is going their way. Every battle on the boards, every deflection, every goal off of a shin-pad. Even things like Doughty football tackling Doan on a one-on-one.

The Kings will beat whoever they face from the East, no doubt about it. I thought Vancouver and St Louis were better than the Rangers.

2. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Kings may not break a sweat. Doughty, Richards, Penner and Carter coasted through the season but showed up for the playoffs. LA was always a good team -- and now they're playing like it. They'll be well rested when they face a beat up team from NY that's played almost twice as many games...

Hey Apps, you from LA?

Must be a crazy weekend. From the Yahoo write up:

3. Apps

Apps Member

Yeah, I'm from L.A. It's crazy, every night on every single channel every news station has a segment about how busy Downtown is right now, hah. This weekend is going to be especially insane. Just in time, too, DT revitalization has been going on for a couple of years and this will definitely be a boon by getting more and more Angelenos familiar with the downtown scene.

However, it looks like the Clippers and the Lakers are going to get their sorry asses out of the way just in time for the Stanley Cup Finals (unless the Kings royally screw everything up from here on out), so good riddance! Staples Center only for Kings!

4. Apps

Apps Member

I think there was some stat on T.V. about the last 5 teams to go on an 11-1 run in the first three rounds of the playoffs are something like 1-4 in the SCF... :(

Sometimes it helps to be tested more than it does to dominate. The first two road games are the most important for these Kings. At this point, the Kings are not used to losing and I'm not sure how they would react to being down on the road, which is why it is so important that they take Game 1.

5. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Don't want to jinx the Kings but they are undefeated on the road (7-0) in this postseason. Has any team done that in Stanley Cup history?

6. napalm06

It ties a record. 1999 Colorado Avalanche.

7. Apps

Apps Member

Complete role-reversal today. The Coyotes are passing very well and their forecheck is causing too many Kings mistakes in their own defensive zone. The Kings on the other hand are having trouble getting anything going on in the offensive zone cause the Yotes are blocking everything.

Kings look like they booked their tickets to the East coast already. :(

8. napalm06

What can I say. It feels better than I thought to take one and avoid getting swept. Mike Smith is the man.

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

John Tortorella is such an ass.

10. napalm06

^ I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Definitely. That's why I don't want the Rangers to win. Much like their fans, he's an arrogant prick. Hope the Devils can pull this series out.

12. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Fail for a local news show in L.A., they put up the wrong Kings logo.
    [​IMG]
    ^^^^^​
    [​IMG]
    Here's a funny playoff ad by the LA Kings
    [​IMG]

13. sew

sew Member

Looks like those 7 game series have caught up to the Rangers. They're clearly tired.

Lunqvist is the only reason this series is close.

14. Apps

Apps Member

If the Kings can close out their series with Phoenix, I wouldn't mind seeing them go up ahead a Rangers team that won in 7 against the Devils. :grin:

15. napalm06

Wow. That is special.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

17. Apps

Apps Member

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

never realized that the kings logo looked like the lakers logo.

19. Apps

Apps Member

Does someone have a link of the Brown hit on Roszival at the end there? I consciously chose not to watch this game and apparently a lot of people are saying it was a knee-to-knee that didn't get called, but it seems split half-and-half amongst most of the comments I've seen. 50% think it was dirty/punishable, and the other 50% think it was a clean hit.

Also, apparently Smith took a swipe at a Kings player and the Yotes were giving Brown **** in the handshake line?

20. napalm06

Congratulations Kings. Clearly the team that deserves to represent the West in the finals. Quick is incredible, Sutter is a great coach, and Carter and Richards are massive pick ups for this team.

That being said, I've always loved to hate Doughty and Brown. Brown is going to have a painful game every time he plays the Nucks, Blues and Coyotes next season, methinks.