1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Recap: Something to Remember: Rockets stun Thunder in Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Thanks Clutch!
    Enjoy GM 6 CLUTCH CITY!!

3. lean

lean Member

Thanks Clutch go Rockets!

4. just a word

just a word Member

awesome! thank you for the recap!

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Damn...seriously? couldn't have picked a better game to go to though

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

We played a very efficient game. Cut out a lot of negative stuff and kept going with what we do best. The shots were falling for us too. Defensively, i thought Garcia did really nice job on Durant. Cant wait the next one.

7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Love this team! Great point Jason said about Beverley being picked up out of no where while other teams struggled with pg issues all season.

Game 6 see y'all there TC gonna be rocking!!!

8. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Parsons quote! LOVE IT! Harden was A BALLER TONIGHT! Ya know Clutch it would have been horrible if we had got swept bc outside of game 2 we've been in every game.

Funny quote, and reaction that was had between the Thunder fan and you. I think ever since game 2, and really even game 3 the Thunder have that KILLER mentality, but I think they are starting to question it. It can be seen in their body language like I said since at least game 2.

Thanks again Clutch. Know you're on overdrive right now. So to take the time for that this early Thanks!

We're going back home baby!

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Nice piece!

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Thanks Clutch I enjoyed this reading very much!

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Nice article Clutch.

Thank you!

I like the tone of your piece!

12. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

I really liked the tidbit about the elevator okc fan, shoulda just shouted to them that you were a rockets fan lol im sure they can take it

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Can't believe you drove up there. Damn...

Great write up! Think D12 was watching?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nothing’s “done” here. The Rockets are a long ways away from winning this series as they are still pretty big underdogs, but they’ve made real progress on a big stage here, and for a young team like this, that’s everything. After Game 3, there wasn’t much to build on, especially with how the series had gone for Harden and the injured Jeremy Lin. No one wanted to say it, but a sweep would have been a waste, a lost opportunity. Now we’ve got something: A superstar effort from Parsons. Another from Harden. Role players are making key contributions. There are notches on their belt now, valuable experience being gained.

They can see it, we can see it and, more importantly, Dwight Howard and other free agents can see it. There’s a lot of fight left in the Rockets still, but it was never about this season — it’s about the future — and right now, that is being set up quite nicely.

Great end to a terrific read, Clutch!

15. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

great post clutch!

16. jocar

jocar Member

Sooo lucky you got to be there in person. What a great game! OKC
    sounds like you were an American spy sabotaging the Red October.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I made the drive up this morning to Oklahoma City and am thankful I did — it was en exhilarating experience to be here live. I’ve been to numerous Rocket games in my life that have been just tremendous to witness in person, but there’s something uniquely thrilling about watching your favorite team on the road in front of 18K+ fans that want to rip them to shreds. Because of that atmosphere and the do-or-die stakes, that had to be one of the best experiences I’ve ever had watching the Rockets live.

Patrick Beverley is all-out, all the time. Gutsy, energetic, battle-tested… this guy is not playing like any rookie I know. I thought he played very well despite a chorus of boos every time he touched the ball. He logged 39 minutes, finishing with 14 points and 8 boards, and knocked down a couple of big threes. I think Jason Friedman of Rockets.com made a great point when he tweeted, “With teams like Utah, Dallas and others so desperate for a point guard all year, the Rockets signed a readily available Beverley.” There are a number of teams with lousy backup point guards (and a few starting point guards) and the Rockets scooped one up from Russia who has stepped right in to start and is playing well enough to be a podium invite after playoff games. This is a major credit to Daryl Morey and staff… and it’s worth another reminder that he’s signed for two more years at a bargain price.

Hung on every word. Great work and thank you.

18. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

Clutch, the "trained" atmosphere you spoke about in OKC is no coincidence. Their Game Operations Manager came from the Rockets. John Leach was with the Rockets during the championship years and in the beginning of Toyota Center before taking the job with the Thunder. They put on quite a presentation with their fans don't they?

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It was freaky just how much those T-Shirts they handed out to the crowd matched the team colors on the court. I'm not sure if I've ever seen it done better. I can only imagine what it must have been like for you lucky devils that went up there for the game. Sorta like a sci-fi flick wth drama, danger, near disaster, and at last a happy ending. Martin and Fish certainly look like aliens. Hell, Fisher looks like a weasel.

[​IMG]

Rotten Fish Fisher, the Weasel. Already looking for his next team.

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

okc fans do a good job of showing up on time and participating, they remind me of jazz fans. as great as jazz fans were for the hometeam, the ESA has been dead the past couple of seasons.. okc fans are a kid with a new toy, thats whats really going on here.. i still think that franchise is destined to become another cleveland, charlotte, portland, sacramento type nba city. small market anti-free agent destination. well see if they continue being the "best fans in the nba" once this window closes..