1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which players in the NBA have the most aesthetically pleasing game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Jan 22, 2013.

1. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Harden has a smart, efficient style of play. That is when he's not going into chuck mode. But his game isn't explosive or filled with acrobatic displays, his jumpers are pretty ugly and he's got one move to the basket, the euro-step.

Watching other stars around the league, there are some enjoyable or electric play-styles. For me I enjoy the following.

Irving
    - Even though he carries the ball and travels a lot is quite fun to watch with his cross-overs, spins and the way he holds the ball with one hand driving to the basket and can double-clutch, or tear drop it off of the glass.

Stephen Curry - When he's on fire has a silky stroke and is difficult to cover running around screens.

Lebron - With his power game, driving to the basket he'll absorb contact and finish at the rim effortlessly. His ethereal passing game. Just a freak of nature, a guard trapped in a power forward's body.

Westbrook - Transcendent athleticism. He's so fast running up the court and so explosive around the rim, just hammers it down with authority. Then he'll make a series of selfish plays or stupid mistakes that are hilarious to watch.

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, HANDS DOWN.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm not sure about the present but here is one from the past:

[​IMG]

4. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

5. Jamers

Jamers Member

eremy Lin

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Steve Nash imo.

7. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

LBJ & Melo.

Steph Curry too...

8. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

I think you're selling Harden a little short. His between the legs move on the fast break happened only a few days ago, and he has his fare share of impressive finishes at the basket. He's not the machine you make him out to be.

My 2 cents:

Hakeem had an incredible array of moves...his spin around Ewing in the finals probably tops the chart for me in terms of "aesthetics", but I'm a tad biased.

Lebron's combination of explosiveness and court vision make for some beatiful plays.

Steve Nash's ability to see something no one else did and/or try something no one else would try was always fun to watch.

Blake Griffin does ridiculously athletic things.

Jamal Crawford isn't always efficient, but he has a smoothness to his game that makes every move seem effortless.

I could watch Ray Allen shoot jump shots all day long

9. munco

munco Member

No Durant? The way he scores is incredible to watch.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. just a word

just a word Member

Depends on one's definition of aesthetics, if it includes more passing or more hops or what. (ie. looking pretty in any context is probably won by Parsons)

And if you mean current players, in which case: Lebron.

If you're talking all time... Hakeem or Earl 'the Pearl', because of their body-movements/control and overall grace.

12. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Durant's jumper.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dream for sure, KG too at his peak.

14. CertifiedTroll

15. lean

lean Member

Jamal Crawford for sure. Like someone else said, he's not super efficient and you wouldn't want him as your starting PG but I just loving watching that guy go to work on someone.

16. fangtiago

fangtiago Member

Chris Paul--He is like a general on the court. The pace of game seems to be controlled by him. He moves like a snake, steady but fast. He attacks like a tiger, bites on your weakest spot.

LeBron James - A born warrior. He is like a lion, roared with power where enemy has no place to hide. Fearless play scorches enemy bases from anywhere!

Kevin Durant - A calm and peaceful heart is his biggest strength. But when he explodes, the opponents don't even know where the attack comes from, then PEW, PEW, PEW, they are all down.

17. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

I personally like D-Rose. His lateral movement with the ball as well as explosiveness is powerful yet buttery smooth.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

broke jumpshot and flops like crazy on D.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Kyrie Irving gets my vote.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Brandon roy