1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Leaving Las Vegas: Rating the Rockets Rookies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I lol'ed at that, Clutch.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

very well written Clutch. Pretty much concur with everything you said. It was indeed a great week.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

nice write up clutch... thanks for the contribution...

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Good stuff.

6. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Maybe an ignorant question, but why is Marcus Morris the least happy? Is it because he's the worst of our plethora of PFs?

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is that a hint? :)

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Nice write up Clutch. Thanks for sharing.

Totally agree about Jeremy Lamb, kid has really high upside. IMO he (and D-Mo) should be considered untouchable in any trade for Dwight Howard w/out an extension.

Also note, something that we didn't get to see from Motiejunas, that is very well documented in every one of his scouting reports, is his amazing passing ability. The kid is one hell of a passer. But like Royce White, I think he just need's time to better adjust to his teammates.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Nice work. Thanks.

You are brave to say something positive about anyone's performance in the summer league. Until now at least, it has been an invitation for attack.

I guess Zoran is not going to make it? A couple of times, he looked like the summer league version of Manu but not nearly enough times. He also seemed to be one of those players who can somehow string together a stretch of point blank misses.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Good article Clutch

Do any of the rookies have star potential in your eyes? IMO it can be Royce White if he improves his jumper by alot.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Given Moreys track record with draft picks, we have wonder two things:

1. What on earth were they thinking with Marcus Morris? I wasn't happy when we took him, but like many Clutchfans I placed faith in our track record of drafting.

2. What could Morey do if he had a top 10 pick, or better yet two top ten picks? We could find out next year if we don't trade for Dwight. Lamb is the highest he's gotten so far at 12.

No matter what direction we take, I am much happier about our future now than I was three months ago.

12. dje243

dje243 Member

Really hoping machado makes the team.

13. alethios

alethios Member

Excellent piece of writing; good use of simile, metaphor and hyperbole. Just like everyone else here, I'm really excited by this core of rookies based on their summer league play.

My question, though, is did you see anyone else included on the Rockets SL roster that stood out or made an impression? Any that will be invited to training camp, possibly?

thanks Clutch!

14. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

15. Pete the Cheat

so exactly how bad was Marcus Morris? his time does not seem long for this team

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You guys need to accept the fact that in all likelihood 2 of the 3 picks this year will be traded in the Dwight trade. And most likely to be leaving is Lamb and Jones.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

you need to accept the fact that many Rockets' fans don't want your Dwightmare ...unless it's on the cheap.

#17 Aruba77, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really well written. Thanks Clutch.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know why any of us bothered giving our takes on the summer league squad in codell's thread. We should have known better and just waited for your column. You pretty much laid it all out. Probably the most controversial comment was your strong opinion about where Jones can play. It jives more with my own initial thoughts, but then I backed off from them. Nice to think that what I was seeing from Jones wasn't an hallucination. I can tell that you had a great time in Vegas. Outstanding!

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Why do you have to bring up Dwight in every single freaking thread!!!??!

It's extremely irritating. This thread was just to talk about the rookies and not to speculate about Dwightmare. sheesh.

1 person likes this.