1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I met Chandler Parsons at a grocery store in Dallas yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly

2 people like this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm just really surprised that this was the best offer Josh got. I know he's getting money from Detroit, but I thought someone would make him a more attractive offer. Tells me that most teams are still scared of Josh.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Hey, the chicken little crew is back!

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

WTF! Too busy screwing around with scrubs like Llull and KJ McDaniels and lose a REAL contributor who was gonna be cheap! Just freakin great! :(

5. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Insert Lin Fan, If Houston had re signed Lin he would of stayed, His Jersey sales would be bigger than with the Clippers....

Oh, Well **** happens. In Morey I Trust.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

90 percent of y'all are moron . Accept the fact that no one really knows anything . As fans outside of a few lucky insiders no one has any information regarding what happened with smith and his negotiations. In fact I would bet that many of "analysts " that post information on twitter are just guessing as well . They are probably just mouthpieces for an organization and report what they are told to regardless of truth.

What we "know " josh smith left 1 million on the table to go to LA . How can people blame Morey .

Here's another topic of discussion ... Which one of josh smith and Tjones played worse in the clippers series ? The answer is they both got completely and utterly abused the first few game . Sure smith played a bit better later in the series but so did jones . Our comeback was miraculous and as wonderful of a moment as it was we were lucky to win the series .

Clutch fans users as a whole need to use their brains a bit more .

I can understand emotional reactions towards smith and calling him things like a ring chaser and traitor.... Because he is a little bia. But to go on tirades against our GM especially when you look at his resume in perspective is juvenile and idiotic . Man I need to learn how to use the ignore feature better .

7. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

It was just so dang nice having a man at PF in the playoffs after watching T Jones get bent over so bad by LMA the year before. DMO might be able play some defense.......but he ain't going to be out there 48 minutes.........

8. Nook

Nook Member

He shot 33% with the Rockets in a small sample size .... A career 28% shooter from 3.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL I want this to be true so badly but I just can't believe it.

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

That is pretty unbelievable. For real??

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Chandler Parsons is a douche. He f***ed my mom and hit my dog with his car and kept driving.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Umm, multiple reports say he turned down more money from other teams.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Marcus Thornton is going to come in and shock everyone.. You know it's going to happen. Thornton will come in have a great season and the sky will fall when the Rockets don't sign him again.

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I'm really shocked. Definitely thought Josh would stay here. Don't understand why he would want to go to the Clippers.

Damn, its going to hurt to boo him after all the memories he provided this past season.

I guess we are going with Jones now... That might hurt the most.

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

poor Josh..should have went to the Kings for a bigger money..Mbah Moute failed his physical...anyway, goodluck to him

16. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

no way this is a real story

17. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I should be, but I don't know why I'm not devastated. As long as D-Mo stays healthy and our other draft pick turns out to be an above average NBA player then I think we'll be fine. My concerns are PG and backup C and SG.

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

damn Josh, why.... why...

19. HTM

HTM Member

Fine by me, shoots you out of games more than he shoots you into games.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

He shoulda been offered the full MLE on day 1.... he STILL woulda been a deal contractwise... but no... we lowballed him... screwed around bsically telling him retaining KJ and getting Llull were more important than getting him reasonable money for what a player of his caliber commands...

I'm a HUGE Morey fan - but THIS is a major blunder!