1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. malakas

malakas Member

Milwaukee traded THREE players for nothing into capspace this season alone. So stop it bballholic. Unless you think a top 55 protected 2nd rounder is incentive? The whole salaries of these players that were traded are more than Lawson's salary.

2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Wait, whoah, are you advocating what I think you're advocating? That because many NBA players drink/do drugs, that Lawson drinking and driving is somehow acceptable?

I must be misunderstanding you, right?

1 person likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The only time Morey cares about Lawson's history of DUIs is when he needs someone to drive the championship parade car.

If Lawson can be had for a pupu platter (kpap, prig, 2nd rounder, rights to Llullz, etc.) Morey would pounce on it. Anyone that thinks otherwise just because of a 2nd DUI apparently don't know Morey.

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Les Alexander cares about it believe me and he has the final say

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Did him approving Royce White's "needs" make him have a change of heart on malcontents? Or was it the time Rafer had his altercations in the parking lot?

I'm not disagreeing with you that Les cares but this is just another acquisition akin to bringing in Ron Artest. In other words, you bring in a player that can possibly get you a ring, headcase status be damned.

6. carter08

carter08 New Member

Let's not compare a player with mental illness to a player with a history of DUIs & domestic violence, okay?

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

My pops is a lawyer my mom is a paralegal.... Nobody goes to jail for their 1st dui in that state period not even the 2nd. Now he is prob going to lose his driving abilities for a year but he has Enough money it should not be a problem.

Guy needs to go to a new team new system coach atmosphere and get his mind right. He's needs to be around some solid vets guy has all the talent in the world he's a poor mans cp3.

8. Lightsnowaction

30m30 minutes ago

Mitch Lawrence*‏@Mitch_Lawrence

Denver Nuggets considering waiving Ty Lawson after latest DUI arrest, per #NBA sources. Lawson has two years, $25.6 mil left on contract.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jones + expirings should easily get this thing done now. Tell Lawson that he has to get a driver. I volunteer to be his personal chauffeur 24/7.

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

[​IMG]

11. basketballholic

Milwaukee is a small market team, malakas. They traded 3 players for non-guaranteed contracts and second rounders so they could sign Greg Monroe. Ilyasova has value. He's not an alcoholic. Dudley has value. They got a decent second rounder for him. In fact, some of us wanted him here and would have loved to see us get Dudley for a second rounder.

They did move Zaza's $5.2 million expiring deal for basically nothing. But Zaza's deal is $5.2 million and he's expiring and he's a big man.

LOL at equating any of those to Lawson. And they didn't go out for free. Milwaukee would still have Williams/Butler on their roster looking for a trade if they hadn't gotten Greg Monroe to sign with them.

12. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

dude Ty Lawson is a loser with a ****ty attitude who likes to put other peoples lives at risk. **** this guy. Dont want him on the team even if he is an upgrade at PG.

13. basketballholic

Tell the Nuggets to hold on so Morey can read this board and trade for him instead. :rolleyes:

14. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Some team working under the cap will pick him up before he hits FA.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Damnit Morely y no trade for Lawson yet?!?!:mad:

In all seriousness our window is now. Howard's health is in question and he can opt out next summer. The Spurs and Warriors will be better next year. It's time to go all in. Trade for Lawson and resign Smith and KJ and this team will have the depth and talent to go all the way. As of now we are NOT as good as the Cavs, Warriors, or Spurs. Lawson is an available player at a position of need who puts you in that class.

How can you not roll the dice?

16. basketballholic

I told you the Rockets wouldn't trade Parsons. They didn't.

I'm telling you the Rockets aren't going to trade for Lawson and owe him $25 million. You calling me out won't make them do it either. ;) They're still not going to trade for Lawson and owe him $25 million.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Regardless of all of that. Morey was quoted as saying that he and the front office believed Lawson would not be a good fit on the Rockets, I'm sure there was a variable of factors involved. The second DUI for Lawson this year isn't going to help his stake at all.

18. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Unless the buy him out.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If they buy him out, then some team with cap space will out-bid the Rockets. The only chance the Rockets have at getting Lawson is via trade.

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

We don't have enough information yet to make that conclusion. Lets wait and see