1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Site performance issues

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It comes and goes. Thanks for working on it, Clutch. Yeah, the timing couldn't be worse, but I care more about the Rockets winning a damn game in this series.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

THANK YOU CLUTCH!!!

I know we've been complaining a lot lately regarding ads/crashes/slow-downs on our computers, for that I apologize, it can't be easy putting up with us badgering you! Props/kudos for fixing my problem! I logged into CF's this morning without any problems what-so-ever! I feel like Cinderfella! Prince Cinderfella, not downtrodden Cinderfella!

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KSuB4t3q_dA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Oh yes, I can make it now the pain is gone
    All of the bad feelings have disappeared
    Here is that rainbow I've been praying for
    It's gonna be a bright bright sunshinin' day"

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

IE seems to be working for me again for the first time in over a month. There are still a few minor hiccups here and there, but at least I can post and click on topics without it completely crashing. Thanks Clutch.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I can't really look at the forums at work, it contantly crashes the browser. I think we have an old version of IE. So that could be the culprit. Works great at home on Chrome.

It was a busy week at work, so I haven't really tried it since Clutch's post...I'll try it tomorrow.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It's been working pretty well the last day or so even on chrome.

:)

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

On Chrome and performance has been terrible for me in the past few weeks.

I thought it was my display driver at one point and updated that. As soon as I exit out of the tab here on Clutchfans, my performance goes back to normal. I can't seem to scroll very well. Could it be those twitter and facebook banners? This site used to be super fast.

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

just disabled shockwave plugin, Hopefully this fixes issues. I'll post results in next few days.

Edit: I have been on a few different computers at work that I didn't remove the plugin from, and things seem to be working MUCH better. Thanks Clutch!

#28 LCAhmed, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No problems at all now with IE. Good job, Clutch!

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, I logged on from my work PC for the first time in awhile and it seems to be working just fine. Thanks Clutch.

But if I can nitpick for a second... Are the new banner adds that popup on the mobile site annoying the hell out of anyone else here? I know they're necessary for Clutch to use to keep the site up and running, but boy do I hate them.

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch, lately it looks like ads are displaying that won't let you scroll past them. They constantly pull you back to the section of the page where the ad is displayed. Right now it looks like the anti-tobacco ad is doing this.

#31 gifford1967, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems to be working ok now for me too. But I have had some of the issues recently. I'll post in here again if they reappear. It does seem to be related to certain types of ads - particularly flash or video.

I also notice that I have more issues with pages that have a lot of gifs (especially if they are repeatedly quoted).

Probably not a whole lot that can be done there.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, it works perfectly on IE @ work now. Not sure if they updated something, or if Clutch fixed an issue on the board. Regardless, it's awesome not having it stop responding every min or so.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That happened to me too on Monday or Tuesday. Nothing I could do about it.

15. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the last few days it's become almost unusable for me, on both chrome and safari, OSX, Yosemite. i can't scroll, without being bounced to the bottom of the page continually, and some of the ads are both slow to load and auto play.

i suspect the video ads on the bottom of the page are the culrpits.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ditto for me too.

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's the ad on the lower right (brightcove?)