1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2014.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

bummer....

hope we don't pay too much for wilfork

2. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Didn't get to watch a lot of Texans games this season.
    What is the general opinion on Kendrick Lewis?
    He didn't impress me when he was with the Chiefs.

3. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Real solid. Lead the team with 84 tackles, and had 2 int. Also had 3 forced fumbles and one fumble return. He didn't give you highlights, just quiet and did his job.

4. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Solid stats, but how did his coverage skills look like? Did he let up a lot of catches? Big plays?

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wonder if true:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My source is indicating that Cecil Shorts is most likely going to sign with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; ... (@JagsMUT) <a href="https://twitter.com/JagsMUT/status/576844304888385537">March 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cecil shorts will sign with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> on a 2 year, 6 million deal, per my source.</p>&mdash; ... (@JagsMUT) <a href="https://twitter.com/JagsMUT/status/576856132892782593">March 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You can't double team Watt and Wilfork... well I guess you could but it would leave Cush unblocked.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He's a PERFECT fit. Love this.

8. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

He played it safe a lot. I think mostly due to RAC telling him to. Not a lot went above him, but he isn't great at coverage. More of a down hill player. Not a ballhawk. Think he understands his limitations and he plays to his strengths more often than not.

Most of the big plays given up this year were with mis-communication between safety/cb and lbs not knowing who they're covering in the passing game. Swearinger is a complete liability in coverage, as was Manning when he saw the field. Cush was completely lost most of the year either in coverage or versus the run. A lot of the time he didn't know the plays. I saw Swearinger of all people letting him know numerous times where he was lining up and who he had throughout the season. Pretty awful.

1 person likes this.
  9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If the Cecil news is accurate, that would be a nice grab...I want Damaris Johnson off the field, honestly.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I've been talking up us getting Shorts and how he'd be perfect a lot this off-season. Great signing. Prefect for the system.

11. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Care to elaborate? For us not so much in the know, what makes Shorts good for BOB's system?

12. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that a legit source?

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Shorts put up decent numbers if you just look at receptions and yards. But you look at his targets and it's like he only catches half the balls thrown his way. I wonder what the story is there. It could just be because he's in Jacksonville but maybe he also drops a bunch of balls.

14. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

The "source" is a no body. I highly doubt he knows of anything, when all that's being said about Shorts are the teams that have been interested in him. Even up to the last few minutes, only interested teams. Nothing about him deciding on anything.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Great move if true. Still would draft a wr in rd 1

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

But now we don't have to if the players we want are not there. It's nice to see the Texans are filling their holes with solid replacements.

I like Shorts and think he is a legit #2 WR. Go around 1:20 in for NFL highlights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w6xAxlZveTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

i like him as a #3. Put him in the slot and have Hopkins and DGB out wide

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dude looks pretty fast, he could be a real asset.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Doesn't Shorts drop a lot of passes?

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

In my opinion, he's what we wanted Martin to be. Quick twitch, shifty, fairly speedy guy. Does drop a decent amount of passes, but makes people miss. Could fill the Welker, Edelman, Amendola role very well. I think if signed, he makes Keyshawn Martin expendable. I think he'd be the perfect number three here.