1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/2/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Probably not.

2. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

It'd be like teaching a dog how to fly.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

post-game analysis starts here...

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wasn't. I'm suggesting that his recent performances coincide with the Rocks getting Smith. I have no idea what sort of impact that may have had, simply that it's coincidental.

5. conquistador#11

this game has not been fun to watch.

6. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of us have been through this before with Steve Francis - a passionate and ridiculously talented player who could not overcome his low basketball IQ and thus couldn't adapt to any gameplay that didn't involve clearing one side of the court so he could isolate the man guarding him. He was by far our best player while here but his abilities weren't conducive to winning basketball. We made the right decision to unload him - not just because we got a better player in return but because the Rockets realized that maxing out a talented loser was a bad investment toward a championship.

I see Dwight (and Josh Smith for that matter) the same way, only along with his lack of O, turnovers and abysmal FT %, he also lacks any passion to win or improve himself. He's a big kid who seems more concerned with being treated like a star than actually performing like one. He's never grown up and probably never will. And people think this is the kind of player you want to dedicate $20mil to in order to win a championship. Maybe it's me but that seems like a losing strategy.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I've seen enough of smith. I want him waived. He is washed up. A nobody. A scrub

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Howard has been playing like this since he has came back. Smith, while he has been bad, has been a scapegoat for Howard's and the Rockets poor play.

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Damn, Dudes turning on my Guy Dwight lol [​IMG]

Im still holding strong , I know he's gonna turn it around soon, think that knee is bothering him still.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Howard was his best man in his wedding - and I am certain Morey consulted him before he came on board.

I would be shocked if Howard and Harden were not consulted before bringing on Smith - seems that maybe the move made others a bit pissed off though - and it is spreading through the locker room.

You don't **** with a good thing...getting Brewer - sure, getting Smith - and having to lose Black too....and moving Dmo to the bench - seems to have backfired so far.

Detroit is 4-0 without him now, BTW.

DD

11. Remix

Remix Member

E.m.b.a.r.ass.i.ng .

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Smith deserves to be playing the third string....

13. HRox832

HRox832 Member

This is what we gotta do...
    -Find a legit replacement for that ultimate scrub, Joey Dorsey
    -Replace Josh Smith with DMo

Also, Howard needs to wake the hell up. He doesn't even look like a star anymore. And WTF happened to Ariza?!?!?! Where the hell did his shot go?! He looks worse than he did when he was with the Rockets in 09-10!!

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Brother, you're preaching to the choir. Nice to know I'm not alone. I feel like an old man around here..but I remember a franchise that went to the Finals 4 times in 15 seasons...and a team that didn't stream confetti for first round playoff victories. They wore red and they called themselves the Rockets.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Really sad when the stats of the player of the game is 10 and 6 lol

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Howard is passed his prime. His beats play was one game against Portland last year. I so t care if he resigns either. Howard is trash. Can't hit free throws anyways.

17. NotChandlerParsons

Nice post guy, being on suicide watch over one game seems like a bad way to watch sports to me. For those who don't remember, 3 seasons ago going 1-3 in a week (or a little more) was totally normal and in fact one such swing knocked us out of the 8 seed and gave it to the Jazz.

Yeah, this team is not going to continue winning two games for every one. Yeah, it's a terrible loss. Maybe they celebrated Mardi Gras early last night. I don't know. It's not the end of the world.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

salt in the wound, Dallas now ahead of us in the West

19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

we need a legit backup 7 footer that can at least compete for a rebound. what we have now is pathetic.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's why it puzzles me. The coincidence, that is. It's probably just that the disrupted chemistry hasn't been fixed in the laboratory yet. Rather that than a physical problem with Dwight. I'm still a big fan of the guy.