1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When we will get ourself a great coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amazingskills, Nov 5, 2014.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

We should hire that like guy after the lakers buy out his contract.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Make mauri a GM-Coach and give him a 50% raise... and 3 1st round picks.

3. Nook

Nook Member

What did he get them exactly?

The record was nearly identical and they had been to the second round of the playoffs under Vinny The Black.

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

The OP is saying Supposed Great Coach Doc Rivers is actually making Clippers Worse. It's sarcasm.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Some posters (you know who you are) need to Zip It about McHale, because there is pretty much Zero Chance (personal reasons not included) that the Rockets fire him before the season ends, and eight more months of whining about his coaching is going to get very very tiresome. It is what it is. Deal. With. It.

1 person likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Even after your self instigated timeout from CF, you have learned nothing.

Still as dumb as rocks when it comes to McHale's coaching. Keep pointing fingers and making excuses for the embarassment and humiliation that Terry Stotts cand Blazers aused that despite Rockets having HCA.

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

I think he's doing a much better job with minutes this year.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He hasnt done anything with the Clippers. Who thinks McHale isn't a good coach should be taken out back and beaten

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

EXACTLY!!!!!

T_Man

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

McHale is the guy who made Bev an NBA starter. McHale is giving Papanikolaou starter's minutes now.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Milk Hair is a McFailure. We should be 23-0 by now. Totally underachieved.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It would be nice if you learned to use a spell checker. It is annoying to see all of your spelling mistakes when reading your posts or replying to you.

I have taken apart each and every one of this forums criticisms of McHale. The most inane one is that the Rockets do not run set plays within their normal offense. This is not JV basketball we are talking about. The other major criticism is that McHale does not call good plays out of timeouts. I have cited a study that shows that calling timeouts for anything other than a blow for the players actually decreases offensive performance by 5%, from scoring on 38% of the offensive possessions to scoring on 33% of offensive possessions.

What are the main responsibilities for a head coach? They are obviously keeping the players happy and motivated and setting the offensive and defensive philosophies of the team. The players are happy campers on this team so obviously McHale has done that job well. McHale's offensive philosophy has been a success from day one. This season, with the subtraction of Lin and Parsons and the addition of Ariza, the defense is now manned appropriately and functioning very well. I fail to see any real serious flaw in McHale's coaching. How well a coach succeeds is as always a direct reflection of the players he coaches.

#32 jtr, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  13. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

What do you guys think about what Kerr has done for the Dubs so far? Do you see any differences?

14. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Stop self-instigating people! It's not worth pissing yourself off. :p

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You are in all probability right. Why I invest any real time in an extremely low rated thread (one star as decided by CF members) is honestly beyond me. That rating alone tells me all I need to know about McHale as the Rockets head coach. It says that McHale is perceived as a success. LOL

#35 jtr, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  16. jedicro

jedicro Member

FYI, the thread was a joke. The OP was trolling McHale haters.

17. CertifiedTroll

Find minutes for Daniels and then I give an A+ :)

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Given my education, my personality and my work experience, nuance is not my strong point.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol Doc Rivers. What has Doc Rivers done for the Clippers? As much as Vinny Del Negro?

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

In retrospect (especially after watching their game against the GSW) yes.