1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15 yr old Florida teen attacked, imprisoned, denied medical treatment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Jul 5, 2014.

1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

It's not terrorism when you are under occupation for 70 years. It's resistance against state terrorism, as my close Jewish friends are fond of saying. I like the term, state terrorism, I'm starting to use it now.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What exactly is not terrorism, in your opinion?

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm absolutely against Israeli occupation, but anytime political groups are intentionally targeting civilian targets it is terrorism.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

You are correct on all points. I have said it before and will say it again, if the Palestinians laid down their arms today there would be peace and in short order two states. If Israel laid down their arms today, they would be driven into the Mediterranean Sea! The anti-Israel propaganda machine just keeps chugging along!:(

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Wow. Netanyahu is bat **** crazy

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

History has shown that to be inaccurate. Basically that happened for almost a year during the peace process, and when Israel didn't hold up their end to the agreements and increased settlements we got the second Intifada.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

"Occupation" of what, exactly? Of Israel?

8. dmc89

dmc89 Member

What do you propose as far as the Israeli-occupied territories and the settlements if there's a 2-state solution? Also, what of the right to return and/or compensation?

9. houstonhoya

You are childish and disingenuous. Thankfully the tide is turning against the Zionist state. This misdirection is less and less effective with every passing day.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The Palestinian territories which aren't Israel

11. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I believe he means the territories.

12. houstonhoya

That is true. It is an important clarification that must be made. I wholly agree.

13. houstonhoya

More and more Israelis are urging their government to end occupation of the West Bank and the siege of Gaza, hopefully their voices will be heard over the vitriolic right in Israel.

1 person likes this.
  14. dmc89

dmc89 Member

2 good articles talking about how American Jews and Israeli Jews view the situation. The problem comes from very conservative Jews and Evangelical Christians in the US. In Israel, the country is nearly split on what to do regarding the territories and settlements. I've talked to several Jews who live in the US and Israel, and I think this poll accurately reflects the diversity of opinions I heard.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ends-in-how-american-jews-think-about-israel/

8 fascinating trends in how American Jews think about Israel - 10/2013

http://www.timesofisrael.com/poll-most-israelis-palestinians-support-2-state-solution/

Most support 2-state solution - 12/2013

1 person likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's if she was asking to get raped...

16. dmc89

dmc89 Member

This is off-topic, but it's very sad to see how prevalent the "she was asking for it the way she was dressed" attitude is. It also extends to topics other than female rights. One of my friends was subject to overt racism and bigotry when she was visiting in-laws in the Deep South. When she retold the story to a group of us at dinner, just under the half of the men said she went asking for it because of her appearance, her car's bumper sticker, and going into a rural area like that.

The implicit idea is: stay at home with your own kind. If you venture into areas with certain conditions and attitudes, you get what's coming to you.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude you seriously need to do some hw on the fanatical orthodox Jewish settlers. They don't give any ****s about Palestinians laying down weapons... Trust me. I think even ATW would agree with me on this.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hamas, which you seem to be a fan of, and which is a recognized terrorist group, certainly doesn't mean only the territories occupied since the war that was started and lost against Israel in 1967. It wants to destroy Israel as a whole, and refers to Islam as their motivation in their charter. So it is important to ask exactly what is being talked about here.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, I do. I am aware that these guys are just as crazy as the Hamas people. Rabin was killed not by Hamas, but by one of these fanatical Jewish orthodox settler crazies. It was a sad day. There are crazies on both sides.

20. houstonhoya

Hamas is a militant group that has killed civilians and I find them to be disgusting. Not just that, but they do a disservice to the Palestinian cause and our diaspora. In fact, assuming (generously) that Hamas represents the helpless many in Gaza, that still leaves ~80% of Palestinians all over who are not represented by Hamas much less members/allies of it.

Ultimately, this disaster is the product of Zionist ambitions and criminality. 24 Palestinians dead in 24 hours, countless injured women and children. Who has Hamas managed to kill in that time? The destiny of the West Bank and Gaza lies in Israel's hands. Not the other way around.